G-A-P Jr. Railroad

Will landers

Guilty bystander!
I'm starting a new thread because me and my son are honoring our friend and great modeler himself Larry Creel. Since 90 percent of what's on the layout is from Larry we thought that it would be nothing better than carry on the GAP line.not as big won't be as good but still freelance and make it how u want it.

I have no pics yet but we are working on off track displays to park trains that are not being run I have large layout but no way to build a yard big enough to hold all the locos and rolling stock

As of last count 80 locos 250 peaces of rolling stock sitting on benchwork 2 large boxes of rolling stock under benchwork 2 big boxes on way and more to come

Got some off track storage done done yesterday. Larry may chime in and post some pics later on. What we started may turn into a complete 2nd level debating on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after kicking it around I'm kinda dead set on making this off track display into 2nd level for passenger trains only with 2 lines what do yall think?

Can bring cost under 200 bucks and it will have large oval run 33 feet buy 14 feet its 63 inches from floor 12 inches wide

Go for it man. More mainline run is where its at! :) we all want more and more until we take over the basement or house!

Are you going to connect the 2 levels? A nice helix would work awesome.
I assume you are keeping both levels separate, one passenger and the other freight?

What kind of seperation do you have between the 2 levels? From the pics i cant see the other level at all?

I'm gona keep them seperate bottom level is large enough.plus I can keep it cheaper that way.2nd level will have 90+ feet of track in each line to run on that's plenty

I'm plaining on keeping Larrys GAP railroad alive and in tradition of what Larry done for the hobby and kids.me and my son thought that this would be neat to do in the long run

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm plaining on keeping Larrys GAP railroad alive and in tradition of what Larry done for the hobby and kids.me and my son thought that this would be neat to do in the long run

Awesome! Saw that on post #1as well.
Make sure to use those air filters as sky scrapers....that Larry is crafty! Plus....he posts your photos!
Awesome idea!

I don't think I will have any of those skyscrapers just not enough room.but there are gona be lots of structures on it a few tall ones,I'm gona fit what I can on it.

I don't think I will have any of those skyscrapers just not enough room.but there are gona be lots of structures on it a few tall ones,I'm gona fit what I can on it.

He will have all of the LED lighting in them after I take all of them apart. There's probably 5 to 10 LED's in ea. one. A kid that lives a few miles from me is getting all the Skyscrapers made out of fans for his Playroom.:D

I'm starting a new thread because me and my son are honoring our friend and great modeler himself Larry Creel. Since 90 percent of what's on the layout is from Larry we thought that it would be nothing better than carry on the GAP line.not as big won't be as good but still freelance and make it how u want it.
Ok I am not understanding this thread. Larry Creel is selling off his layout and you are buying the stuff from it?

Ok I am not understanding this thread. Larry Creel is selling off his layout and you are buying the stuff from it?

There's not much to understand.I'm carrying on my buddys line name.yes I have alot of larrys inventory,but I'm in build phase and he always offers advice and input on what I'm doing.+ he is a really good friend.

Update. Been on other dutys trying to fortify my house.with these southern weak winters varmits try to take over but wrapping that up so maybe I can get back to layout ASAP.

Have your trains made any deliveries to your industries yet? Are the orders backing up? What seems to be causing the holdup here? :D (varmints?)

Mike

Have your trains made any deliveries to your industries yet? Are the orders backing up? What seems to be causing the holdup here? :D (varmints?)

Mike

Had extra large rats tear up the under side of my house, had to get rid of them and repair damage. As far as orders and loads backing up yea they gona continue to back up because I still have a few hundred feet of track to lay on the layout!!!!!!

Back