G-A-P Jr. Railroad

Yea, what is up with that? Why does larry have to post your pics? I never understood that? I thought you said you had a smartphone/i-phone? Simple, just open a photobucket account and start snapping pics for us;)

Yea, what is up with that? Why does larry have to post your pics? I never understood that? I thought you said you had a smartphone/i-phone? Simple, just open a photobucket account and start snapping pics for us;)

He sends his photo's to me to run them thru my Photo Fix-er-upper & then I downsize them to fit on the Forum. Sometimes he sends 1 or 2 of the same pics & I delete whatever is a duplicate. I don't mind doing them for him since he has bought most of my Buildings, freight cars, Pass. cars, scenery material & some of the older walkaround throttles. In the past year I have worked on some of his engines doing tune-ups, etc. He's a Great Friend & I do things for Friends on this Forum. I've also given him a lot of items off of my layout.
Over the years since I've been on this Forum I have given away a lot of stuff to good friends off my layout. I don't ever expect to get anything in return.
I still have 4 large boxes of stuff sitting in my trainroom for Will that hasn't been shipped yet. I have always allowed time payments on items over the years to guys that treat me right.
I will be LURKING here now & then in the future. This Forum has been real good to me for selling MRR items since 2002 & for Buying too.:):p;):D:rolleyes:

It doesn't matter who post my pics larry usually does it because he is 1st to see what I'm doing and I ask him to "friends"I have enough crap to deal with on regular basis.smart phone included I hold down full time job,my son races 1/4 midgets,me and my older son hit car shows with truck we built,I stay pretty busy

And Larry is still CEO of the G-A-P railroad so he is the boss!!!

I have no way to know if he comes to work on time, because he's in Alabama & I'm in Florida. He never punches a clock on the GAP & I never check his work sheets. He works pretty cheap, so, I can't complain.:rolleyes:

Most folks work full time jobs....and have a family, a house.... etc. Maybe I need someone to email my photos to....I'm a busy man, plus I have a RR to build. Lol!

It doesn't matter who post my pics larry usually does it because he is 1st to see what I'm doing and I ask him to "friends"I have enough crap to deal with on regular basis.smart phone included I hold down full time job,my son races 1/4 midgets,me and my older son hit car shows with truck we built,I stay pretty busy

There is no problem here, larry;)

I think nwp95501 Was just having a lil fun and joking around because of what will said about having a full time job, Dont we all:eek:

And i was just commenting on nwp95501 comments:cool: Relax, no probs just a little goof

Started working on the layout for the Refinery.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a different angle of the same picture.:D

Thanks Larry even though I didn't ask u to. this is rough placement of most of the complex its a little over 15 feet in length everything will get a fresh Repaint and make over eventually

Keep in mind this isn't a garage or basement layout.1 story house and yes u got a good wife when she let's u do somthing like this!!

I love refineries. Gee whiz.....that iso-butane stuff is apparently fairly flammable and explosive. There is a youtube video of a tankcar full of that stuff....it got boiling hot after a derailment.....from a fire heating up this 10 or 15 ton tanker....until it finally let loose and went shooting across the landscape like a giant bottle rocket. That was something to see right there. :eek::D

Mike

Keep in mind this isn't a garage or basement layout.1 story house and yes u got a good wife when she let's u do somthing like this!!
Amen to that Will! You are a lucky guy with a great wife.....and a great friend in Larry, and I'm already enjoying watching the construction of the G.A.P memorial railroad empire. I love large layout model railroading ....and that is what you are fortunate to have the ability to do.....and it's kind of neat how Larry has passed things on to you, and he still gets some fun out of helping you and we have fun watching you all! :)

Mike

Very cool seeing lots of Larry's structures on your layout!

Good to see some more pictures of this adventure. I like the beginning's of the refinery taking shape.

Amen to that Will! You are a lucky guy with a great wife.....and a great friend in Larry, and I'm already enjoying watching the construction of the G.A.P memorial railroad empire. I love large layout model railroading ....and that is what you are fortunate to have the ability to do.....and it's kind of neat how Larry has passed things on to you, and he still gets some fun out of helping you and we have fun watching you all! :)

Mike
And there is also a 4x9 large n scale layout in the living room I built last year!!!!

Back