Free paint work! 2010 edition...

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
The 2010 edition of the "free paint work give away" is auditioning now!

So here goes:

* One Locomotive/Railcar/Structure (Max 2 colors free)
* Owner must pay shipping to me (obviously)
* Would prefer an Undec model (to save my effort)
* Owner must provide decals if they're not common (I.E. Custom, one off, ect)
* One "winner" will be chosen by me
* Reply with what you'd like, and why you think you deserve it
* All "entries" by December 31st 2009

2 Colors is only stated for base colors. Details such as fuel fillers & MU hoses do not count towards the colors. I'm looking to do this for someone who's either on a fixed income, or younger kids, however all entries are seriously considered...

Projects currently under way, or customers who have prior work from 2009 are not eligible for the 2010 give away.

hey josh, my name is jamie and i'm 22. i have 1 child, and one on the way. ive been ho modeling for a year now and im a big northeast rail fan. i do what i can but where my wife is a stay at mother, i pay all the bills and when those are all set i spend most of it on my daugther, who is now playing with her own wooden trains. id love to have you custom paint paint one of pan am (formerly Guilford) GP40's but i cant find decals for them. if not one of those locomotives then probably the guilford boston and maine gp40-2, because im making the 100 BM slug and i have the bm 300.

Josh, im married and wife wont let me spend money :( :mad: :D I have a Kato SD70Mac that I'de like painted in a fallen flag paint scheme.

What scheme are you looking at?

Thats where the prolem is. There are so many good ones from here in the NJ area. Lehigh Valley, CNJ, E-L, NYC, PRR. I've already done something on another engine for PRR. MTPLS, already has done the NYC. I have decals for E-L, but Lehigh Valley looks enticing for some reason.

Thats where the prolem is. There are so many good ones from here in the NJ area. Lehigh Valley, CNJ, E-L, NYC, PRR. I've already done something on another engine for PRR. MTPLS, already has done the NYC. I have decals for E-L, but Lehigh Valley looks enticing for some reason.
Well, let me know, you've got until the 31st.

i would like to own one of the 2nd pan am schemes, BTY thanks for finding those for me! id like to do more painting of engine but i don't have the money for an air brush right now. ive been painting guilford themed engines with acriyic paint...:) part of me woult love the 301 BM in guilford thou..........:D

ok then, Im 18 and im studying in Aircraft construction (yeeah your heard it !)
i do have a part time jobs but it aint that much... Anyway i would die to have a QNS&L loco. it's a lil project i would want to get realise, however i can't afford an airbrush and all its need to start painting neither the Overland Brass model (799$:eek:)

Here a little picture of it
OMI-AA-4412-2.jpg

DSC_0092.JPG

it has a quite original paint job ans is really uncommon to model
this shortline is specialized in carrying ore cars from Iron Ore Company of Canada in Labrador city to Sept-Iles portuary installation

Iron Ore Company of Canada bought the shortline few years ago

julienjj, I've seen those decals on Highball's site, love the scheme! Thanks for the application.

So far I've gotten the following applications:
-cncproadwarrior ON Rail new scheme.
-Guilford Guy9887 Pan-am unit, or Guliford #301.
-NYSW F45 Freelanced, Fallen Flag SD70MAC.
-julienjj QNS&L AC4400 [they've also got Dash 9's 400-414].
-fiend540 B&P GP38-2 in GWI corporate paint.
-Littlefoot14 Freelanced, D&H AC4400.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I figure I might as well throw out my idea as it can't hurt right :) I'm currently unemployed and while I can pay my bills fine it has left me with a small budget when it comes to model railroading. I bought a Athearn RTR gp38-2 in BNSF pumpkin orange/green off a fellow forum member with the intent of stripping it to add more details and then repainting it. Unfortunately without a job the details have been put on hold and there is no chance of me being able to buy an airbrush to repaint this unit anytime soon. What I want to do is repaint this unit as one of the Buffalo and Pittsburgh's two gp38-2 but as if they have been repainted into the traditional B&P Orange and Yellow scheme. I am almost positive that Microscale makes the right decals, here are some pictures of the two gp38-2's and here is a picture of a gp40 wearing the scheme I want.

Thanks for taking the time to consider it Josh, I don't know If I am the most deserving but it's awesome that you are willing to do this for someone for free.:cool:

fiend540 So a B&P GP38-2 in the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. corporate scheme? Microscale does have decals for it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43460895@N06/4169830711/
hello my name is matt, im 14 and just getting started in the hobby. my favorite railroad is the delaware and hudson, i just love there equipment. i made the picture above on paint. i saw this thread and i think its really cool of josh to offer this to someone. honestly i hope i dont win, why? my layout isnt built yet, id rather see someone whose layout is operational and can see there locomotive move win lol. basically im just showing off and entering i guess haha

Back