For Trussrod

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
Trussrod told me that it was too serious around here and we needed some model railroader jokes to lighten it up. Soooo.....

Two model railroaders died and were standing in line outside the Pearly Gates. A grumpy looking man in a frayed suit and a clipboard walked to the head of the line and the gates opened automatically and let him in.

"Who was that?" asked the first modeler.

"That was God," replied the second modeler. " He thinks he's a dispatcher."

I rear-ended another car the other morning.
I tell you, I knew right then and there that it was going to be a REALLY bad day!
The driver got out of the other car, and wouldn't you know it! He was a DWARF!!
He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!"
So I said, "OK, then, which one ARE you?"

And that's how the fight started...

I rear-ended another car the other morning.
I tell you, I knew right then and there that it was going to be a REALLY bad day!
The driver got out of the other car, and wouldn't you know it! He was a DWARF!!
He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!"
So I said, "OK, then, which one ARE you?"

And that's how the fight started...
Now that one if great!

There was an Irish railroad brakeman that use to generally always tie one on and was pretty drunk most of the time but able to perform his job.

Well his wife had been complaining to him bitterly so he figured he lay off the sauce for awhile and after a couple of days he was walking home from the yard and as he approached the Shamrock Inn he again forwarned himself that he wasn't going to stop for a drink, even though he really wanted to. So maintains control and walks right past the bar and after he gets a few doors down he was feeling really proud of himself and stops and says to himself in his Irish brogue, 'Well there now, you see you can do it'! To that he then said and to reward meself I'm going back and have a drink!

Trussrod,

I have one of the Model Power 2-8-0 old time locomotives that you were trying to purchase. Trust me. You are better off without them. I paid $45 for it and feel it was way too much. $15 would be closer. The motor is in the tender and the steam locomotive is just free wheeling. It makes adding any electronics nearly impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Old Time loco I was interested in.

Hi Gandy dancer,
Apologies for not replying back sooner.

Thanks for your info but I don't think we're talking about the same Loco, you mentioned a 2-8-0 and the one I was looking at is a 4-6-0 by Model Power which I believe is in conjunction with Mantua in some way or visa-versa?

I just read an article on the dangers of drinking....
Scared the shit out of me.

So that's it!

After today, no more reading.

Back