Favorite train and era ?

hm noone's been on this thread in awhile

My favorite era is modern day Canadian Pacific, my favorite loco is the AC4400 and my favorite specific train is the D&H hill train the CP runs from Ft Edward to GLens Falls NY.

6805.jpg

most of the german trains for me since i grew up around them

Boy, I don't know how the Germans managed to make some of the nicest looking and the most homely looking locomotives ever. :)

that nkp is HOT!!!!
you know the germans made nice looking tanks,cars,girls,dogs
but NOT trains that thing is butt ugly:eek:

Milwaukee Road transition era, especially the Alco switchers. This photo is current whereas the one in my sig #988 had the new paint job quite a few years back! From the Mid Continent Railway Museum in North Freedom Wisconsin which is the proud owner of recently restored Fish Stocking Car. Very cool. :cool:
Check it out www.midcontinent.org

what are yours favorite train model and era?
give some phtos of yours fav one :D

Me: i wish i had an CN rail C44-9W

i like EMD F9 aswell

Branchlines of the mid fifties and recently 1974 CN. These two locos would be ideal for branchline service.

I want one of these and I hope Division Point goes through with making one.

As for 1974, I wish someone would make a prototypical RS18.

Favorite Train:
AC4400, SD90/43MAC, U33C, C628. The first 2 in CPR colors, the last 2 in D&H colors. Id just about kill to see SD70ACe's in CPR paint as well.

To bad CP had so many troubles with the SD90s, it pretty much turned CP into a GE road. EMD pushed hard for CP to buy SD70ACes too, going so far as to have OMI paint one in CP colors and raffle it to CP employees. It sold for $4000. If anyone has any pictures of the OMI CP SD70ACe id be really grateful to see them.

...well, since this thread has been revived I'll chime in. I'm into the era of Milw that jasonelki mentioned. It will be HO. In fact, I just got a Proto 1000 model of the RSC2, #982, in the same colors (from 1949 era) that are in his pic. Also have Hiawatha's Class A and F7 and Chippewa Pacific, RSC3, GP9, E7, F3, DP109, S12, SW1200, 4-6-2, 2-8-2 and 2-8-0 all in period (late 40's-late 50's) colors. Also an E8 in UP colors.

I grew up within sight of the depot in Minocqua, WI and saw the last of the steam as well as the end of passenger service that far north. Still remember taking the train down to Chicago in '56 with Mom in one of the private compartments with upper & lower berth and small bathroom.

We moved into our last home a year ago and will be converting the bonus room over the garage (12' X 20') into a runaround layout so I can let the Hiawatha's do their thing. :):)

Even though I wasn't even thought of at the time, I love MoPac streamliners, PAs, E units and F units.

If I could go back in time, I'd love to travel on one of the Eagles. That seems like it was a dignified way to travel, much more refined than anything we have today.

Ain't she a beaut?

View attachment 24527

MPB

Eventhough I model Soo Line, my all time favorite is the Hiawatha.

hiawatha48.jpg

2385391014_23482336d8_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I wasn't even thought of at the time, I love MoPac streamliners, PAs, E units and F units.

If I could go back in time, I'd love to travel on one of the Eagles. That seems like it was a dignified way to travel, much more refined than anything we have today.

Ain't she a beaut?

View attachment 24527

MPB

I love me some MoPac, but not as much as the good ole SLSF.

FR193.jpg
FR318.jpg

Back