EZ Track Transition to Flex Track?

riverotter1948

Midwest Alliance Rail Sys
I have some legacy Bachmann EZ Track (33" radius curves) that I
will be using for a hidden helix on "Layout 2.0" (where I'm applying
everything I learned from all the mistakes I made on "Layout 1.0").
I want to use flex track on cork for the rest of the layout. Since
the rail tops of EZ Track are slightly higher than the rail tops of
flex track on cork, I'd really appreciate any and all ideas about how
to make a smooth transition between them, especially ideas you've
actually implemented or seen done or heard about being done.
I've searched the EZ Track catalog in vain looking for a transition
section like Kato makes for its Unitrack.

All suggestions will earn my everlasting thanks. Perhaps the "best"
suggestion - i.e., the one I choose to implement - will get
something more tangible...

Thank you!

P.S. I've been testing various kinds of track & have some "very
slightly used" Kato Unitrack I'd like to "de-inventory-ize".

Oops -- It's HO. Thanks for asking that. I've modeled in N, S, and G (1:29) as well as HO so you'd think I'd be a little more careful about that...

I'm not very familiar with the Bachmann EZ Track, but I would imagine you could remove enough of the plastic roadbed under the ends of the rails to slip a rail joiner in place.
150-170S.jpg

http://www.toytrainheaven.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/6311597/Atlas C100 Rail Joiners (4 Dz), LIST PRICE $2.35

If it's an issue of two different code rails (the heights of the rails themselves are different), there are some 'transition' joiners available, such as these (code 83 to code 100):
150-551S.jpg

http://www.toytrainheaven.com/.sc/m...C83^2FC100 Transition Joiner, LIST PRICE $2.6

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is that Life-like track makes a transition piece to go from their track to flex. Are you sure that Bachman does not use a transition piece also ?

All I know is that Life-like track makes a transition piece to go from their track to flex. Are you sure that Bachman does not use a transition piece also ?

I've searched the EZ Track catalog in vain looking for a transition
section like Kato makes for its Unitrack.

That'd be nice, but I didn't see anything like that on their website (or Walther's), and I couldn't find anything in my dealer database either...:(

Is there really all that much track involved where the financial savings will outweigh the hassles (and the derailments if you don't get it perfect)?

Is there really all that much track involved where the financial savings will outweigh the hassles (and the derailments if you don't get it perfect)?
Do you mean "why am I messing with this issue when I could just buy more flex track and junk the EZT?" Because I'm more confident of EZTrack's curved sections than my ability to create bullet-proof hidden-but-accessible curved flextrack.;-)

Back