EBAY?!?!

ASHPIT - It's McLeod - not McLoad (easy mistake)!
I still have NOT found the references to your said changes?
Where do I locate them? Please!

McLeod I apologize for the misspelling and have corrected this mistake where I made it.

Sirfoldalot, what changes are you referring too? If it's the notification from Ebay on the change? I should have copied & pasted this notice to my records when I got it, as there is no information at Ebay that I have found! If it's the remark about Ebay wanting access to a checking account, I am wanting this information, also!

McLeod, Can I ask you to share the note stating that Ebay want's the account to be a checking account. I don't see mention of this in Stumpy's note above. In fact, could I get you to send me the information you have on this Ebay change, via a Personal message? I really appreciate your help!
At the very bottom of the EBay page, there is a 'Contact Us' spot to begin. Pressing that will lead you into the loop with extensive reading on various subjects; I believe the info you seek is in the payments square. - I'm not going to try to access it again, as I wish to retain my sanity.

This whole adventure screwed me up, as I did have an account linked to PayPal under a different name than what I used in EBay. I don't believe I can do that anymore. I've linked that account with the new Ebay system, but, because my Ebay name is different than the name on the account, I believe any payments will come back as 'failed'. This according to the info I read in the 'Contact Us' section.

I do not want Ebay having access to my bank accounts.

I finally found some information on what Ebay is calling: "Introducing Managed Payments on Ebay" I was just barely able to hang onto my sanity trying find this stuff!!!

Anyway, here it is:

With managed payments, eBay manages the end-to-end payments process. Your buyers can now pay with more convenient payment methods, and you'll receive the money in your checking account.

Managed payments helps sellers streamline their business on eBay, and simplifies the end-to-end experience for both buyers and sellers. As a managed payments seller, you'll have everything you need to sell and get paid, with reports, fees, protections, and support all in one place. Your buyers will have more ways to pay, and you'll receive your payouts in your checking account.

Here's how it works:

A buyer purchases one of your items.

eBay manages the payment transaction.

You receive the payouts in your checking account, with no need to transfer funds between accounts.

What you need to register

When you register, we'll need to verify your identity, checking account details, and company if applicable, to allow us to initiate payouts to your selected checking account.

You can link your checking account during managed payments registration. Watch the video below to learn how:

Accepted payment methods

Your buyers can choose from any of the following payment methods:

Visa

Mastercard

Discover

American Express

PayPal

Me again: I can understand why Ebay has done this, they could not come to an agreement with Pay Pal. However, I don't understand why they need to work with my Checking account and why information on change is so hard to find?

2Tracks, This statement is a quote I found on Ebay, it isn't anything I said, agree with; or, even want to do! I am with you as I don't like what Ebay has done and if it wasn't for the fact I am selling off almost all of my HO stuff, I might only use Ebay to buy stuff and never sell there again!

I resisted getting involved with Paypal for a few years because they wanted access to my bank accts. I finally had to agree in order to do any business on Ebay.

Now Ebay wants access to my bank accts? Do they think I'm crazy !!!

Am I suppose to just roll over and submit to this craziness? I hope they get severely regulated along with our social media platforms that need to be held accountable. Perhaps they will experience a HUGE drop in their business, and another option site will arise....the demise of Mr Bigshot/Bigpants.

Back