eBay seller beware!

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
So, I didn't think I was going to have to start warning people, but here it is.

I sold to a buyer on eBay by the name of " supertrainman" back in the early days of January. He complained that he never received the item. I figured it was a false claim at first because the buyer refused to use eBay's dispute console. Apparently it wasn't and after some coaxing he filed the claim, I then processed a refund.

The buyer subsequently emailed me stating that he had received the refund AND the train, and was opting to keep the train, and he'd send the payment back. Its been over 3 weeks since that email, he has not yet closed the dispute on eBay, has not responded to my mutual feedback removal request (he left negative when he didn't receive the item or a refund BEFORE he filed a claim), and has not responded to frequent requests to return the train OR the money. I cannot file a claim because of eBay policies, however eBay DID refund my FVF.

Unfortunately I got ripped off in the process, I hope you can avoid this user and avoid any issues. I'm out about $45!

Josh tell me about it unfortunately there are a few dishonest people on Ebay. It seems the last few weeks I ran into some of them Two fellows bid on my items won them and then decided they didn't want them. After two disputes where filled against them all Ebay tells you is to work it out with the indivduals. So why do I need Ebay for if they won't intervene in the transactions ?

I hear about this kind of situation all the time, but to be honest, I don't have that much trouble. Out of around 1000 transactions in the past year, I've only had maybe three or four non-paying bidders, and I think two cases where items were damaged during shipment. I have had a couple bidders in the past month that had zero feedback when they bid and now have negative feedback and are 'no longer registered users,' but they paid me just fine.

In the rare cases I did have problems, eBay has been pretty good about them. Maybe it has something to do with the extra customer support because I am a 'PowerSeller' :confused:

As for buying...no problems there either. And I've purchased quite a bit on eBay over the past year...even my car :eek:

This is the worst transaction I've had in YEARS, I'm talking 3+ years. Just one buyer taking advantage of me.

Back