Dave's Layout v. 4.0

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

logandsawman

I was able to back up enough to get the pic showing almost the whole layout, with painted fascia and electrical work all done, should be glueing down the final track at least by the end of Saturday then finally get to the track cleanup and then run trains

IMG_2272.JPG

There is a lift out section that goes where the closet door is, it is current "lifted out" is on the floor by the basket on the bottom left

Dave LASM

Patrick

Alien Attitude.
Curt, Patrick, Jeff, Willie - THANKS for commenting, been waiting a long time to get the paint on the fascia but really made a difference.

Patrick - it helps that I don't have a ton of other stuff going on in my life

Doesn't matter, SWMBO will find something to keep me busy when I do retire. Actually will be dead 6 months before I can quit working and other stuff...🤣

logandsawman

Well I got the track all installed, cleaned the inner loop. Moved the train then plink, blew the fuse. Will have to find the short, I think I know the culprit--

in the meantime, some of the landscaping I finished, first the last stretch of track ballasted and complete:

IMG_2289.JPG

lots of ground cover left to do

IMG_2288.JPG

The area around the water tank is figured out, lots left here, too. Should be able to drive the inner loop.

Will be searching for a short this evening, or until it is found

THANKS for looking!!!!!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.