Constucting my 1st walk around layout.

Hey man, pictures would help us alot, show us some pictures of what you are working with, you said you have the benchwork built but can not figure out a design???

Also whats up with all the short consecutive posts? think about what you want to post and try to get them in one or two posts versus four or five different post. no hard feelings hey, just a bit weird...

Did you try searching for different layouts that you might like, then maybe designing them to fit on your layout space??

Im not sure if you posted on your opening thread what your layout will consist of? What are your must haves on your layout, like a yard, staging, or what type of industries would you like to switch at? What type of region does this layout represent? What era?
You need to be more specific with what you are trying to do, its very hard to get input from people when we really have no clue what you are trying to do, You should try making a list of things you must have on your layout.

You need to start posting pictures with your i-phone, its very simple, i post pictures with my droid. Open a photobucket account, is free. Simply take pictures, upload to photobucket, then you can add pictures quick and easy to your post. You will probably get more help if people can see what your are actually dealing with. People like pictures, pictures are worth a thousand words...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for short posts.LOL,product of texting,bench work is only halfway done now because I'm takeing walls down and bathroom out to expand layout from 12x11 to 12x31 will get pics posted when I can

How come you still havent posted any comments to any of my questions regarding your layout other then the pictures?

Dont expect much help from the gurus here unless you state they obvious first, its kinda hard for the guys to offer guidance when they have no clue at what your trying to do with your layout, no offense.:rolleyes:

Just finished walthers coal facility want 2 main lines with sideings have huge oil facility 2 or 3 kits combined other industrial buildings need a yard area will be 12 feet 9 inches buy 31 feet I figured while I'm under construction now is the time to do this

Cool Will!

Sounds like you are gonna have one large layout!
What era are you thinking about?

You are correct to do this now that you have started construction.

Keep us updated, and show us some pics when you can! ;)

GT Dan
Orange Texas

Larry has been a huge help in this layout is gona be 13x32 with 2 islands one 4x9 other 4x13 just takeing one step at a time

Gona get pictures up soon.benchwork is done covering it with foam. since I have been working alot my 17 year old son has pretty much did all of the work himself includeing wall and bathroom removal I been very impressed with his skills.

I will be downsizing Wills Pictures of his Layout as soon as he starts sending them to me. he does everything w/his Phone because he does not have a laptop or a desktop computer. I'm sure he has an App on his phone for that, but, I said I would take care of it.:D:)

Here's the 1st 4. He will have to explain what goes where. I asked him to take an Aerial standing on a ladder which will give a better perspective of what it looks like.

Good job, thats good work from you being 17, but honestly most 17-18 year old should be able to do work like this instead of sit in front of the ps3 all day!!!

Can you explain what you have going on here, I didnt see a track plan unless its in the beginning of your thread???

When is the track work going up? I never thought you were "blowing smoke" . Everyone loves pictures, pictures are worth a thousand words

I like the around room style you have here, with the islands, very good use of space:D

Will, if you forget to add a comment about something you post, you can always click on the "edit button" of your post, then you can add additional comments to your post, instead of having 5 word short posts... But I think i explained this awhile back and it must have went in one ear and out the other lol

Back