Constucting my 1st walk around layout.

Getting span put together this layout is dedicated to Larry Creel alot of what is on it has come from him,good friend I have come to known ,a hell of a model railroader and has taught me alot even though he is gona hang it up the bench mark has been set.

Sounds good to me Joed! LOL

Hope it's iced down!

Great looking set of bridges Will!

I am sure it will be one of the focal points of your layout.
I see a lot of photo ops coming soon!

GT Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I thought I was rushing my layout and not thinking it out ( I havent even started it yet), guess I was wrong!

I'm just kidding, everyone has their own style, if you like to go with the flo thats great!
Btw, layout looks great! Really like the bridge!

How thick is your foam by the bridges? Can't quite tell from the pix. 2-inches on a 2-inch base for a total of 4 inches thick? Or did you lower the benchwork there?

I've never had a water feature on a layout (The horror!) and I'm curious what a typical distance would be from the bottom of the bridge spans to the surface of the water in a river or canal. Maybe it wouldn't matter - I could always claim it was high tide in an estuary. LOL!

Thanks!

Benchwork is lowered bridge is 1 and 3/4 inches from river,foam is 3 sheets of foam 3/4 inch thick glued together I picked up from lowes real cheap.this is my 1st Atempt at a water section as well so don't go buy me on it this is new to me as well

I'm in no rush I got a year in planning, 9 months in work,its still freelance.this layout has so many sections im doing better coming up with ideas and getting work done kinda hopping around it LOL

Well got all my 2nd span peaces glued up after some cutting and bashing for missing items.started Repaint ran out of paint so spent the rest of the day doing 12oz curls had nothing to drive to store to pick up more paint my son took my truck to school and left his out of gas unit for me to drive LOL.

I dont know if you are trying to be realistic or not, but that draw bridge is useless with the other bridge there, just saying.

It sure does look good tho, your doing a great job!

I think it looks awesome this guy is an amazing model builder you should look at his track plan he does great work all while he does 12oz curls it so good I wish I had his skill and his intelligence

No futher pics to post,progress been at a stand still for a bit.I plan on starting back up next week.might do something today on it.with stuff I have bought and unpacking it kinda got clutered on benchwork got about 275 peaces of rolling stock scatered around it and other stuff LOL!!!

Back