Constucting my 1st walk around layout.

I think yer kinda screwed as far as knocking out the wall now. Ya shoulda never asked her if ya could. Otherwise ya coulda done it and then just said "You never said I couldnt"...haha

ok. how about just cutting a small hole in the wall like trains going thru a tunnel then you could put staging in another room to hold all your equipment and have the room you have planned all for scenery and industries...

I think yer kinda screwed as far as knocking out the wall now. Ya shoulda never asked her if ya could. Otherwise ya coulda done it and then just said "You never said I couldnt"...haha

exactly, i find its better to just suck it up and do it when the wife is gone shopping or working and add on or knock a hole thru the wall, then when she comes home she doesnt really notice then, but when she does its like (what, this hole was here for awhile now and you didnt say anything) haha :)

My layout progressively got bigger when my old lady was gone working, and she doesnt always come down in the basement, then one day after i added on another 10 feet she was like beep beep what in the world are you doing down here.... and you guys know the rest, of what they would usually say ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you might be heading to a corn field meet with the wife over your layout expansions. It may seem like each individual point is a past issue, but its not. It will all be brought up again, someday.

Na i usually get my way in the end its a big house 3 out of 4 kids will be leaving in the next 1.5 years then it will just be me ,wife, and 6 year old son living in a 3000 square foot 5 bedroom house so lots of spare rooms

ok. how about just cutting a small hole in the wall like trains going thru a tunnel then you could put staging in another room to hold all your equipment and have the room you have planned all for scenery and industries...

That's what I'm getting ready to do, the staging will "beyond" the tunnel ( wall ) in the garage...

Update - old layout is gone starting bench work on new as soon as Larry,wife,and ebay quit taking all my money i might be able to get this done soon. Lol!!!!

if you have a i-phone you can post pictures easy.. i post with my droid.

Setup a free photobucket account. On your i-phone you should easily be able to upload the pictures to your photobucket account. From your photobucket account you can easily upload pictures from photobucket to this forum...

Come on man, we all love pictures :D

It's a 4g EVO right now room is a mess got stalled because wifes suv got totaled plus she got tired of all my train stuff sitting all over the house and had my boys throw it in there which was a big mistake because I'm plaining a family night were everyone learns how to glue models back together

Back