Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

My left eye is really bugging me tonight. It's displaying all the symptoms of conjunctivitis. Pink eye for those lacking in understanding of medical terminology. I've been more or less expecting it. If it was going to appear it was a 90% chance to be in early spring with a high amount of pine pollen and this last couple weeks it' been heavy. Four days out of seven there was enough on the windshield of my van that I couldn't see through it. Using eye drops it should be cleared up in a week or two. Problem is my left eye is my good one. I have a bad astigmatism that makes me fairly blind on the right side without my glasses and the glasses warp things that I'm looking at close-up. That's going to put a crimp in anything that requires a straight line.

I put the F unit trio of Frankenlocos in the display rack today. That leaves the layout to a consist of four FP7's and a consist of two GP7's, a GP35 and a slug. The FP7's got a good run today. Nothing else was done on the layout.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN2759.jpg

AaaaaHH! much, much more satisfying, can feel the warm glow coursing through the veins. Although I think the poor little fella's gonna need a steady morning diet to bring the color back to his face. ;)

Good Morning! Happy Sunday!

It's 30° F and Sunny at the Jersey Shore. We have had three sunny days in a row! Tonight Snow - tomorrow - Wintry Mix to Rain........

Joe

Morning y'all, kinda nondescript weather here in central MD - chilly, with the sun peeking thru the cloud cover on-and-off. Possible snow tonight, but even the dart throwers are afraid to commit to any type of forcast for this area.

Got my taxes done yesterday (*whew!*), then spent several hours installing the trailer anchors on my fleet of Accurail TTX flatcars. We'll see how the day evolves...

Good morning. It's 52° with 63% humidity. The high will be 62°. A wind advisory is in effect.
pcloudy-1.jpg

Please pardon any typos that may appear. My vision is very fuzzy this morning. My left eye is very sensitive to light. Just looking at the video screen hurts. My right eye is acting up a bit as well so my glasses don't help much. Spell checker is being kept very busy.

No layout work planned for today. Winds outside are 25-30mph with gusts around 35-40mph. Good day for sleeping I think.

P1011585.jpg

It's gotten cooler here. At this time it's 51° but a 25mph north-west wind coming off the lake is making it feel colder, enough so that I have the heater on low right now to keep it at 70° in my little trailer. The weather guesser is talking about getting down to freezing tonight. It's looking like this cool streak will continue for most of the week. No layout work today but I did run the FP7 consist for a little while. I plan on repainting three of them. The Rock Island unit will remain as it is but the gray undecorated unit and the BN and ex-PRR units have an as yet unconfirmed date with the paint shop.

My left eye is still red and irritated but eye drops have made it tolerable. Light is still the big enemy though so I have most of the lights in here turned off. Looking at the screen is still a pain.

No work on the layout.

Time to call it a day. I'll see y'all tomorrow.

DSCN2706-1.jpg

It may be model railroad weather but I've barely been home a total of a week in almost the last two months. Didn't get laid off tonight so maybe Monday night will be it. My Monday will start when I get up this afternoon around 3:30 or 4:00 o'clock. If I get laid off then I'll make a trip to the Union hall and start the whole thing over again. Hoping the next job will be a gig doing refuel at a nuke in northern Illinois just south of Wisconsin.

We have a couple of inches of snow this morning. I had to put my truck in 4-hi to make it up the drive where I'm staying. It's a nice older couple who rent a bedroom with a full bathroom to me during the outage and their house is on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River. It's a beautiful place at a great price and only eight miles from the power plant!

Listening to the radio this morning and I thought they said that Springfield, Il. got 17" of snow over night! My wife said we had six inches yesterday by 5:30 PM. Guess I better call her and then get some sleep for tonight.

Good Morning.

We have about two inches of scattered flurries here...still coming down too...yay Will see what the afternoon brings...probs more of the same...oh well...back to clunky old boots...

Got stuff to do for work today...better be off and doing this...

Have a good one!!

Good morning. It's 33° with 82% humidity. The high will be 55°.
cond026.gif

It's somewhat frigid here by our standards. If I wanted this kind of weather I'd climb into the fridge or move up north. A freeze watch will be in effect tonight until 9am tomorrow.

Depending on how well I can see today I may get a few items on the layout put away. I also have to look at clearing out some of the junk under the layout so I can get access to the rear of the east side and start setting up the principle parts of the grain elevator I've been working on for so long. It may be a busy day. On the other hand I may do nothing at all.

P1011765.jpg

. No layout work today but I did run the FP7 consist for a little while. I plan on repainting three of them. The Rock Island unit will remain as it is but the gray undecorated unit and the BN and ex-PRR units have an as yet unconfirmed date with the paint shop.
OK what happened to the SOUTHERN PACIFIC F unit you had did you leave it in the orginal paint or did it hit the paint shop yet :confused:

Nope. It's on the back row of the display rack. It's on the waiting list for it's Bachmann decoder to be changed out with a Digitrax decoder. Then it'll be on the waiting list for the paint shop.

Back