Coffee Shop XXXIX-9/21/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or is it just because I have done the same thing, leaning forward to retrieve a small part, and having my desk chair on wheels shoot across the room like a rocket!

Been there and done that! What's worse is when your chair is motorized and you lean forward to get something and accidentally push push the control lever and it shoots forward and pins you against or under the table.

My computer station and work shop here.
DSCN5212.jpg

Well I fought with most of the windows that I put in one of the F3's then used clear tape and Go2Glue to finish the job. I then made all the window and porthole glass for the other F3 using the tape and glue method. And I got a surprise today. My nieces husband brought me an XBox 360 and some games to play. It's set up and ready to go. I'll get around to checking it out sometime later. It's not a high priority right now.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Wanted: Vandal. Approximate age: 11-14. White male. Last seen throwing rocks near Sundown shops. Wanted for questioning about glass damage.
DSCN5217.jpg

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Monday, September 23, 2013

anim_coffee.png

COFFEEampPOUR.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

High in the mid to high 60s and no rain.
1lg132derail.png

Good Morning

Another dull drab day here...high going to 60 today....tonight going down to ...oh...36....mmmmm

Got to spend the weekend doing a bunch of gotta dos and gotta buys and also gigging as well...very busy of late.

Anyways...off to do the latest round of gotta do's and gotta buys....LTR!!!

Good Morning:

Sounds like almost everyone had a good weekend. I actually got to watch a Ravens game on NY television. That doesn't happen too often here in Giant-Jet land.

It's warmed up to 48°, with the morning sun. It's supposed to remain pleasant with a high in the mid 60s.

Got to get moving, lots of chores on the schedule.

Joe

Good morning. It's 61° with 89% humidity. The high will be 88° and will feel like 91°.
condmc-1.jpg
with a
cond20.jpg

No plans for today, yet. Gotta redo the windshield in one of the F3's.

244.jpg

237.jpg

A very pretty start to fall down here in Alabama. Sunny and mild with low humidity. Temps this week only into the 80's. (That's sweater weather for the south). The grass is slowing down too, so I may only have a few more weeks of grass cutting before I park Edna the Deere for the winter.

jeffery is that a PA,??? I didnt know you had one in the motive fleet .it looks like its in the L&A PAINT :)

Worked on three Varney F3's today.

Put windshields an dwindows in the plastic F3. Yes, there's glass in there.
DSCN5240.jpg

And redid the windshields in the two metal Athearn/Varney F3's. The 'Super F3' on the left and the 'non-converted' F3 on the right.

DSCN5247.jpg

Got work done on three F3's today. I won an anniversary boxcar on another forum. The money collected goes to support the forum so I consider the $50 I bid is going to good use. I tried out the XBox 360 my nieces husband brought over yesterday. It had Wolfenstein in it so I played that. So far I've shown an amazing propensity for getting my butt blown away in the rail yard. But I remember I got toasted many times in Wolfenstein3D when I started playing it back in 1995.

Well that's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010001-43.jpg

P1010027-2.jpg

Well, I haven't been able to do ANYTHING this entire month! Came home with a cold at the first of the month, that went into my chest, and I still can't get over it. I've been running a low grade fever of 99.7 for 3 weeks. Now before yall say that 99.7 isn't a fever, my body's normal is 96.5. So that temp of 99.7 for me is equal to 101.7, for you folks whose normal temp is 98.6.

I can't get over how long this thing has hung on. The X-ray's show a lot of chest congestion, but the best news is there are no blockages in tubes to indicate pneumonia. I went back to the Dr, and got some steroids, to decrease inflammation, and some antibiotics for the fever and the high white count. Along with my regular meds, there's not much more they can do. That's part of the problem with not having a functioning immune system, your body can't make the antibodies and mature t-cells needed to fight things off.

Now I think that I've given it back to my sweet wife, and she's feeling worse than me. To top all this off, the $1200.00 steam/washing machine she bough less than 3 years ago, has fried its main bearing, and the factory repairman said it's gonna cost more than the washer is worth to fix. We had, at least, bought a 10 yr all parts and labor warrenty on it, so we'll probably be getting a brand new washer. But its gonna take a good 3-5 business days for the powers that be to decide what they'll do in this situation.

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Tuesday, September 24, 2013

anim_coffee.png

COFFEE_CREME.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

High in the low 70s and no rain.
LOCO_ACTIONa.png

Good Morning:

Another sunny day, right now it's 46°, going to the upper 60s or low 70s, (choose one). Not a lot on the calendar today. Have a Roundhouse boxcar to fix - low hanging Kadees and plastic wheels to change out. If the replacement 36" metal wheels don't work, offset couplers will cure the problem.

Just learned that second son will be back from Okinawa sooner, rather than later. Hoorah!

Have a great day!

Joe

Good Morning

Great sunshine and a bit chilly out here..43 going up to 68 todayWhistling

Got some time today to run some trains...tomorrow will be weekly operating sessions...heeheehee.

Have a few new tools for the floor installation which is going on. My favorite thing right now is someone...ern...is now having 'second thoughts' about the floor....Whistling So, I am telling her that this was the floor she wanted..this is the floor she is going to getMischief If'n I get called 'cheap' because I is using this for her floor...I will just say I am 'cost efficient'...Whistling..heeheeheeLaugh

So, also, since it is my birthday, I will get this done...later...Mischief

Happy birthday Barry!

Good morning. It's 76° with 89% humidity. The high will be 92° and will feel like 99°.
condmc-1.jpg
with a
cond50.jpg

Only plan today is to stay dry. I might do some looking on the net for some items.

P1010010-9.jpg

P1010002-35.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back