Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

Hiiiiiiffft...

Got the session done...and, found that I now weigh 145lbs....eeek!!!:eek: Of course it is from not feeling very well a lot of the time and eating very little..which, of course, made it rather interesting vis a vis my diabetes and other ills...:eek:

Next appointment is going to be a general check to see if it took..which it [curse mode]beeeep[/curse mode] better have:mad:

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

PB040145.jpg

Visiting my daughter and grandson and the temp when we got here was 107. I love the heat but not this severe. You could literally fry eggs on the hood of the car. More of the same today and the town is having their 4th of July parade today. Val told Colton(grandson) he was not marching in the parade because of the heat. He agreed it was to hot and he is only 6 going on 7. Pretty smart kid. He takes after his gramps. LOL LOL LOL

Good Morning

We are going to be up to 90F today with little humidity...in the evening, however, it will be 85F feeling like 99F...ain't that fun? Yes, it is!! No, it isn't...well who cares anyways....:rolleyes:

Why am I up so dang early? One of the wonderful side effects of chemo is its induced insomnia....:mad:

Another is my weird sense of humour takes it to a new level...on another forum I am on I bid a crabby poster..one of those who comes on only to attack another member..with a 'fond adieu'......and a cat pic from icanhascheeseburger.com....:)

Today, I am going to go to Walmart..with the proverbial mask on just to see what the reactions will be...:D

Corey and wife!!! Congrats on that!!!

Good morning. It's 78° and partly cloudy. The high will be 95° but will feel like 104°.

I may mow the parents yard today. Haven't decided yet. I woke up feeling tired so maybe I'll skip it today. Still no change in the paint on the Norscot bulldozer. I'm thinking that no matter what concentration of alcohol I use (currently 91%) the paint will stay put. Oh well, the experiment was still worth the time.

DSCN1628.jpg

Big ugly windy storm came through friday evening around 7:30 pm. Looked like end of the world. Power went off about 45 minutes later. Was off all night and saturday morning until it came on at 2:45 pm this afternoon. Drove around town last night after power failed. All traffic lights off in whole city.....many big trees fallen across streets and power lines. Word was power might be off for several days in other areas. We were lucky in our neighborhood.

Mike

Good afternoon. It's humid and 103. Almost zero chance of rain, or even a cloud. A/C is struggling to keep it under 85 inside. Drinking lots of fluids.

Hi gang!
Last post from my perch in Maryland for a while! Me, the Mrs and DJ, the youngest will be heading out in the wee hours for North Carolina! Were shacking up with my sister:rolleyes: for a little time spent fishing, railfanning, and relaxing. Hopefully, we can make it to Spencer for the big NS get together! If I do, I will bring back pics! (Also pics of BIG fish and bikinis ;) )
Just so you party animals are aware, my in-laws will be here, along with the cats, so no funny stuff,,got that Carey and Rex???:rolleyes:
I'll try to catch up, at least as well as a Droid will let me (yeah, I know, there's an app for that)
Cya soon!:D

Party at Karls!!!!:D:D:D

----------------------------------------------

Good Evening...

Welm...that was a treat...went to WallyWorld and, believe it or not, nothing happened :eek:.... I guess maybe it was because the 'characters' were out in full regalia today:eek::rolleyes:... Pink Tutus on 400lb individuals, batman suits on others....the lot:eek::eek:

Anyways, ended up getting some new duds ..to fit my new weight...28 waist now.... I have not been at this weight since, oh, high school.:rolleyes:

Calling it a night early tonight. I have a hell of a headache. Went to my parents place for pizza earlier today. I was driving back home and got shot in the side of the head. Bet that grabbed your attention! Paint ball. And boy did it hurt! Good thing I was only going fifteen mph. Well I came home and got cleaned up and this is going to be the end of my night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN1239.jpg

This was a hot day here in King George, VA. My daughter's house lost power last night and the nieghbor's tree fell on it. Went up there this morning to cut wood and haul it away. Brought two of the grand kids back with me. They love the trains and want to see more of them run. Still doing bus wiring and bench work. Takes a while to lay 6 miles of mainline.

Man, I can't shake this headache! And I get dizzy once in a while too but nothin I can't handle.. If it still gives me a problem tomorrow I'll get it checked out. Gonna try gettin to sleep again.

Good morning. It's 80° and partly cloudy. The high will be 95° with a 20% chance of rain. The expected heat index will be about 104°.

I thought about calling in a report on the paintball shooting yesterday but report what? All I remember is getting tagged. There was a dust cloud on the other road from where a vehicle had gone past apparently quite fast. I didn't see the vehicle, only heard it. Crunching gravel, loud pipes, loud music. That describes 90% of the vehicles out here, cars and trucks. I don't even have a color. There's a bunch of pine trees between the roads so unless you're looking more or less straight across you're not going to get a real good look. But I'm going to keep an ear tuned for those pipes. I don't care what type of vehicle you have, how big or small, what color, every vehicle has a unique sound. You can change the color and appearance but unless you change out the exhaust system and re-tune the engine that sound is going to be the same.

Going to mow the parents yard today IF the tractor doesn't decide to have a Murphy attack and the heat doesn't get to be too much too fast. That's a problem sometimes in this part of the country. Sometimes it heats up slowly and other times it's a bang-on full heat wave before 11 am.

Oh yeah, the headache is gone.

P1011228.jpg

Good morning folks.

It's hot and muggy here today. Actually, that's the forecast for the next seven days, only hotter!

I have the next four days off with nothing to do. I'd go to the lake without my wife but I have to give her a shot at night where she um...can't reach too well!:p That means it's a short,traintastic vacation for me! I'm working on adding detail parts from yardbirdtrains.com to my old Mantua Pacific . It's a generic set of piping, steam generator, injectors, number boards, bell, marker lamps and brass wire. With all that, a new motor, new paint job, and CNW decals it should be acceptable in my little world.

Other than playing with trains I have nothing else on my plate. Not a bad situation to be in.:D

I hope all are doing well this hot, almost holiday weekend.

Back