Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, time to head out to camp. All packed all the equipment and managed to fall down the cellar stairs taking a hand cart down to blow up the tires. I bet there will be some major bruises on my leg by tomorrow morning...... Just waiting for the guy with the key to the gate who will also help me unload equipment when I get there (we are co-volunteers for the week at music camp).

I will see all you good folks in a little over a week......

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just been informed that I must attend a BBQ this evening. It starts at 5:45. I couldn't get any more information than that. With my birthday coming up in two days this sounds somewhat suspicious.
It turns out that it was a fiftieth birthday party for one of my father's friends. Talk about a big meal! BBQ brisket, BBQ pork chops, spiced sausage, BBQ beef ribs, assorted vegetables including homegrown tomatoes, sodas that I didn't know existed in this part of the country and that's just starting the menu.

Good evening,

Haven't been doing much around here other than lurking, because of 4th-Of-July celebrations and finishing my decoder installs. We got lucky weather-wise, they had been predicting rain but it stayed dry long enough to do the fireworks. Then today we spent half the day at a neighbor's daughter's wedding reception. Large amounts of pit beef and pulled pork BBQ, mmmmmm...!

Spent most of my Friday free time installing decoders in a pair of P1K Budd cars. Very labor-intensive process, but at least there's plenty of space under the shell for the decoder and wires. The NCE decoders I installed are acting totally weird; the motor functions are OK, but only the reverse light circuit (yellow wire) works - on forward(!?) I checked the relevant CVs (120 & 120) but found nothing abnormal, so I ended up running the yellow wire to the front. The two units are pretty much permanently MU'd to each other anyway, I can run them back-ro-back, so I really don't need the other light in either of them. [I'm too burned out with decoder installing to spend more time troubleshooting and solving this mystery.] Then today I repainted them from their 1970's era Amtrak scheme to Iron Belt colors. Right now I'm so exhausted I don't even have the energy to shoot any photos.

Tomorrow I'll be spending most of the day on the road, taking my son to his friend's sister's graduation party in Manchester. Not much mrr in the forecast for me tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Good evening folks

I am just getting on the computer. We never made it to the Cub World Family Day scout event. My foot was feeling the effects of walking the parade yesterday and it me until about 1 PM before I could put much weight on it. My wife was also having feet problems. She worked Day Camp at the museum all last week and was on her feet for about nine straight hours each day. We took the kids to see The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian.

We went to the fireworks last night in Collingdale. It was raining a little. We stayed dry in the van in the Acme Markets parking lot. It was a good show lasting about 40 minutes.

Hey Tompm, you just described my area to a tee, going to collingdale for fireworks for one. Are you in Delaware County PA? I'm in Springfield.
I am just across the Darby Creek from you in Drexel Hill.

I hope everybody has a good night!

07-06-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png

Good Morning from Florida

WEATHER
8 AM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Mostly sunny to partly cloudy.
2 PM 90 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered inland storms.
10 PM 78 °F Partly Cloudy Variable clouds
50% chance of rain.

LOCAL NEWS
Suspect flees police, crashes into mobile homes
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE
Not much happening on the home front, if all goes well my son and I will go to the river today. We haven't had a drop of rain in two days:confused: Jim did you take my rain?:eek: you had best give it back if you did:D LOL's

Good morning.

It's clear at the moment and 72 degrees, neither of which will remain as is. The high is expected to be in the mid 90's and there's a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/6/2008

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s with a 30% chance of thunderstorms. Light and variable winds becoming south up to 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy with a 30% chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Dang it!

I went outside today with the will to wash and detail our car and truck today. The sky was clear, blue, brite and sunny out when I started! I got my wifes Malibu washed and waxed first, it looked sweet:D . I noticed a few dark clouds forming over the gulf?:confused: First word out of my mouth is unfit to type @#$%^!
So I hurried to start and finish my 2500 Silverado Std cab Long bed, as I got further along washing the Truck the clouds started forming as fast as I washed! The Race was on.............Needless to say as soon as I finished the truck It started to pour down rain! @#$%^! I'll have to wait to next weekend to wax my truck:mad:
Moral of this story, "If you want it to rain......Wash and wax all the vehicals you own!"

BTW: one of the furry friends is for sure dead, Found him feet up in the train room! I just wonder where his brother is?

O'Boy, We're going to get it now!(Bad TStorms are a brewin) The weather service has issued weather warnings for several countys...mines one of them! Ooops......We just lost our Satellite signal! O' boy here we go!

Goood Morning From "SOGGY" Florida!

WEATHER
8 AM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Mostly sunny to partly cloudy.
2 PM 90 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered inland storms.
10 PM 78 °F Partly Cloudy Variable clouds.
Chance of rain 50%

LOCAL NEWS
Severe storms leave scattered power outages
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Boat races hit hard by high fuel costs
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE
We Got's 2" of rain last night!:D :) :D :) WooooooooooT!:eek: Got's to go to work and the boss is on vacation so I'M IN CHARGE!:eek: You would think I would have it easy??????? Just the other way around, more is piled on my shoulders:( O'well thats work, have a good day guys!

Good morning folks! Not a very productive weekend for me. I managed to go to a Twins game yesterday. I guess you can chalk that up as living a little.

I assembled a small portion of my benchwork the other day. I have half of one of six sections complete! Here I go, watch my speed!(Willy Wonka reference) I have to pace myself so I don't turn it into work. I tend to do that when I get started on a project. As long as I get the work done that requires a garage, I'll be on track. Come winter, the garage is actually used to house our cars.

I'm also assembling a war chest to purchase all of my track. I need twenty Peco turnouts and a box or two of flex track. Oh how I miss having a Hobby shop. Now I feel the need to purchase in volume! I think I'll finish the bench work first. Slow and steady wins the race!

I hope everyone has a good week.

Good morning folks

It was a foggy 74 F as I hit the highway this morning. High toady will be 85 F with a chance of heavy rain this afternoon.

We did some running around yesterday to a couple of stores and actually picked-up some Back to School supplies. We had our barbecue yesterday after the rain passed through.

No modeling. I am hoping to get some in this week.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Morning Flo,
Just the breakfast sandwich and coffee for me to go please.
Busy day ahead and no time to run out of energy!! :D
Have a great day all.

Morning

:D Good Morning Every one ! What a nice day to be here on the Niagara Frontier .Currently 75 going up to 87 . Been awhile since I've been in the coffee shop .Went down with a Sinus infection and a tooth infection at the same time on July 1 . Finally went to the dentist in July 3 so I wouldn't have to suffer through the whole holiday . Dentist tool care of the infection which seem to relieve some of the pressure but it still wasn't right . Dentist gave me some antibiotics to fight the infections but boy it knocked me out till even now I'm still not right . looks like evry one had a nice fourth . Mine was quiet with just my kids over for a BBQ. Gotta try and cut the grass today . Well bette get going before it geets too hot. Oh yes The vet informed me that my dog has kidney and live failure and should be put down . My dog was an active healthy dog but started acting funny after I gave her a new bag of food. Will try and get the food tested to see if it is bad . See you all soon. have a nice day !:D ;)just some random photos fo the weekend . Ray my catus are blooming , four brothers hanging out. A small tribute to the fourth. Enjoy !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back