Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It's 44° and sunny. The high will be 68° and it'll be partly cloudy.

Nothing in particular planned for today. I'll go to my parents place later and see if anything of interest has arrived in the mail. The layout can stand some more cleaning up. I took my Bachmann DCC GP30's off the market yesterday. Seemed like people were thinking I should give them away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I checked my mail stack and found a padded envelope containing two Athearn loco shells. One of a Soo Line (red and white) SD40-2 and the other for a C&NW F7-A.

well my son finally got up at high noon & he put his berkshire outside to burn off the rest of the smokeman does thats thinks smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

Stayed in the house today & did nothing. Spent most of the day waiting for the Daytona race to start, watching race reruns, channel skipping, watching part of a movie here & there. Lots of commercials(thank heavens for Mute buttons) & sleeping mostly when the movie was on & awake for the commercials;). Real windy all day & all last nite. Never got over 65*. According to the local(Tampa)news it was 80* in Arcadia. I don't know what part of Arcadia they were in since I'm only 3 miles from town.:)
Still cool. AFV not on tonite because of the Oscars. So, will be playing on the puter more than usual. Finally decided to sign off of Facebook. I was getting tons of Spam thru that site. I never made any comments, just looked at what other people were doing. I can do that by sitting on a bench in front of the local WM from 11pm till 5am.:D

Calling it a night early. Visited with my mother, my sister, nephew and niece today and went over and bothered David for a while. That's a busy day for me. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010515.jpg

Morning gang!!
Cant sleep, headcold.. woke up sneezing....pity, supposed to get up to 60 something today:( Wife had this 2 weeks ago, this is what I get for laughing at her!
Well, better go and text my co-workers(since the boss quit last week!).

Morning gang!!
Cant sleep, headcold.. woke up sneezing....pity, supposed to get up to 60 something today:( Wife had this 2 weeks ago, this is what I get for laughing at her!
Well, better go and text my co-workers(since the boss quit last week!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 54° and cloudy. The high will be 68° and it'll be mostly cloudy. There's a 20% chance of rain.

Today I'm going to see if I can get my parents yard mowed. That of course depends on whether the tractor will start. It still has an old battery on it. When the blades and cutting belt were replaced earlier this month it had to be jumped with a 55 amp charger. I'd like to get it done today as the forecast for the next two or three days calls for rain. No plans concerning the layout today. I'm going to be pretty sore after mowing the yard and anything concerning trains will be of minor consequence.

P1011233.jpg

G'morning guys,

Been a few days since I've have had a chance to post. I've been cyber stalking though. lol Work has been the pits. It's doubtful that any of the 90k people who live in this county has not called for a ambulance for some reason or the other so I'm ready - past ready for a few days off.

Today starts my first of 7 days off. I've been maxed out on ETO at work for so long that I've decided it's time to chill at home for a few days, actually more like put in for it 6 weeks ago. Grrrr. I'm too broke to buy anything beyond 2% milk so I won't be going anywhere. I do hope to get my mowing equipment all serviced with oil chances and blades sharpened. I'm still not sure about pruning my trees since we may very well have quite a few days with freezing temps. I didn't really think it mattered all that much, but the extension agency I think it was had a section in the news paper about pruning being bad for trees if done too early. I'd like to get the bottom neck breaking limbs trimmed and gone before the leaves start to come back. Anyone got advice for that? I have several large persimmon trees, maples and a few oaks. Every one of which still has remnants of my skin from being nearly dragged off the lawn mower last year. This only being my first spring in this home, wish to get off to a clean start for easy mowing.

Aside from typical vacation chores and spring cleaning, I hope to get started on a Ameritowne kit I've had on the shelf for a few weeks. I took a lil break from doing one kit right after the other for a cpl weeks. I hope to get started with this one tonight or maybe tomorrow depending on the weather.

All the best,

Kenny

Good morning everyone.

I did my last wedding show for the season yesterday. Boy am I glad that's over. Not only do I have to work the booth, but I have to walk the runway for the fashion show. I'm no professional model so it's unnerving to have a few hundred people watching you walk. No more shows until next fall.

I haven't been on here much because I haven't been playing with trains much. Since they are forecasting ten inches of snow tomorrow and I have the day off I think I'll be able to change that situation. Of course I'll need to stop at the grocery store today to buy eggs, milk, bread and other things that may run out in one day!;) We've had an exceptionally mild winter this year so this is our first big storm. The grocery stores are going to love it!:D

I suppose I had better get back to work.

Have a great day everyone.

Well I just finished mowing the parents yard. Couldn't get the Peerless tractor to start even after having the charger on it until it stopped charging. Charger said 100%, still not enough to turn the engine./ So I used my father's little MTD Yardman. It's harder for me to use and causes me quite a bit of pain but I can use it. Got both the front and back yards cut and got the mower put away. Went and tried the Peerless again. It had been on the charger while I was mowing and now that there was nothing to do it fired right up. Maybe it's getting lazy.

Good morning everyone.

I did my last wedding show for the season yesterday. Boy am I glad that's over. Not only do I have to work the booth, but I have to walk the runway for the fashion show. I'm no professional model so it's unnerving to have a few hundred people watching you walk. No more shows until next fall.

I must be ill, suddenly got an image of Corey in a little short number by Versace, with a short hem and a low back, and 4 inch heels that thankfully pulled your eyes from his unshaven legs.......yech,,:eek:
more NiQuil!!:D

I must be ill, suddenly got an image of Corey in a little short number by Versace, with a short hem and a low back, and 4 inch heels that thankfully pulled your eyes from his unshaven legs.......yech,,:eek:
more NiQuil!!:D
NyQuil!! Not powerful enough! Nurse! Oxycontin and a mallet, please!

I guess I should clarify, I was wearing a tuxedo!:D The only good part about being in the show is the eye candy behind the scenes. Since the girls hadn't bought the dresses, they were not tailored to fit them. They were falling out of the tops! I don't think I've been surrounded by that much cleavage since.........well, last show!:D I guess my job has it's perks.

Pass the NyQuil over here! I just pictured myself in that short little number you were talking about. It's making ME sick!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back