Camera woes

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Got my camera this morning. A Kodak C533. It takes dazzlingly clear pictures. Too bad I don't have it anymore. The cameras software was not compatible with Windows 98, which I already knew. That's why I bought an SD card and a card reader to go with it. The camera and the card worked flawlessly. The card reader on the other hand was a PITA! The drivers had to be downloaded from the companies internet site. Try as I might, the driver wouldn't download. The INF files downloaded as did the instructions. But the driver would not download. I took the card reader back to Wal-Mart and exchanged it for a different brand. Got it home and had the same thing happen. By this time, I was really pissed off! That was it! I had had it! I packed everything up and the whole * mess back to Wal-Mart and got my money back! Without the card reader, the camera was worthless. Now I have money for trains when I go to Alexandria tomorrow. Hare's Art and Hobby, look out! There's a tornado coming!

Um, Jeffrey, Win98 is over 8 years old now - I'm not even sure that Microsoft covers it anymore.

Time to take that money and invest in the future - a nice little laptop. You can get them for <$1k now, reasonably configured with Windows XP/Vista even.

Meh Jeff, skip the computer, a good Sony or Canon camera will not cause those issues. ;)

Back