Broadway limited Help! (Paragon 2 Hudson)

So My paragon 2 Hudson arrived in the mail today and to my surprise it didn't work! What happened was I put it on the track, programmed it to the address I wanted ran it for a couple minutes then shut the power off. It turns out that when I went to turn the power on again the train wouldn't run. So I reset t to factory default (08-08) and that seemed to work ok until I shut off power again. I even went and physically pressed the button that was inside the decoder and did it the way broadway limited described on the site but even that was fruitless. Anyway my question is, has anyonw had that problem before and if so can you please help me find a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance everyone,
Clint

Something sounds like a faulty decoder. I would call BLI tech support and see what they say.

G'day... Sorry to read about your problem but a good friend found your suggestion to re-set the button on the decoder worked perfectly and now his BLI SD40-2 runs perfect ..Like you , his was brand new , but his problems were un engaged sounds kicking in , no start up- shut down function and loco suddenly losing all sound for short times...Now it'great..Cheers and thanks...Rod..

My new BLI Hudson was kind of weird, but as I looked into it, I found I had not quite seated the wire plug from the tender into the engine... :eek: Worked great after using a small flat screwdriver to seat the plug... :cool: But that's just a newbie error for guys like me, aint it?

Mac,
Thanks for telling us what you did to fix, always nice to have closure. I've the same locomotive and no adventures.

Joe

Back