Branchline Rolling stock sold to Atlas

ICG/SOU

HO & O (3-rail) trainman
I don't know if this is old news, but here you go:

Atlas press release

I have a handful of Berwick 50' boxcars from Branchline, and found them to be very nice kits for me to build. More work than older Athearn, or BevBel, or MDC/Roundhouse, Bowser, or Accurail kits I've done in the last couple of years, but also more rewarding. Nice detail, and parts fit where they are supposed to.

I hope this is a good move for the hobby.

"Old news" if you count a week ago. Good idea to pass it along though, in case anyone missed it.

its just going to get harder and harder to find companies who actually still sell kits if atlas does go the all rtr route with these.

It may be hard to get these if they do make them RTR, since Atlas still hasn't really fixed their ship dates.

Weren't these kits made in the USA, or an I mistaken?

Their company is located in East Hartford, CT and I feel pretty sure the kits were made there. I have around 50 Branchline box cars and have always enjoyed building them and the price was just right for the quality and detail. Like most of you, I hope they remain a kit.

At the WGH train show in Atl several weeks ago, my friend and I were talking to the Atlas rep about this very thing. AT THAT TIME, it had not been decided by Atlas what they were going to do with the product, whether they were going to keep them as they are, ship them overseas or what.

Back