Boom goes the water truck

There is a certain type of operational blindness when the mind is attending to other matters. I believe the driver didn't see the train, but he probably didn't even look....if he were honest. I wonder if he was on his cell phone at the time.

Imagine what was said in the cab 100 yards before the collision. I don't think it would pass the 'family fare' test here.

:eek:

Wreck

There is a certain type of operational blindness when the mind is attending to other matters. I believe the driver didn't see the train, but he probably didn't even look....if he were honest. I wonder if he was on his cell phone at the time.

Imagine what was said in the cab 100 yards before the collision. I don't think it would pass the 'family fare' test here.

:eek:

What ever happened to "Stop, Look and Listen." Cant believe how stupid people are today.
Wayne

He stopped paying attention to his driving because he might have been looking at a girl:rolleyes:, or listening to a cell phone call. Hopefully, it was water from a storm drain and not sewer water. Hope the crew was O.K. If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough!

It could have been worse like a full manure spreader tractor, I remember Amtrak hit one in VT several years ago.

Having been around one of those storm drain trucks, the machine that pulls the water and trash up into the truck makes a lot of noise. If it was running, the driver could never have heard the train. Of course, to me that would be even more reason to look before crossing, but that's just me.

Back