Bachmann 45 ton switcher

hamltnblue

I just picked up one of these.
products.php

The unit in the LHS setup was quiet and smooth running. Very cool looking with the wheel sidebars and counterweights. When I first put it on the track it was a bit noisy. A litter gear lube and 10 minutes of running and it's already quieting down. Great addition to my layout :D

It has ecentric rods and weights?? Cool! Didn't know that, must be the newer run.
Once you get some run time it should be much quieter, at least my 70 tonner is. Love to see a pic!

It has ecentric rods and weights?? Cool! Didn't know that, must be the newer run.
Once you get some run time it should be much quieter, at least my 70 tonner is. Love to see a pic!
Thats because the one w/o the rods is a 44 tonner, this is a 45 tonner!

It seems like all Bachmann engines need at least an hour's break-in time to really calm down and run smooth. They tend to have real stiff gearing and they are are one of the few brands of engines I've had that run better after a 100 hours than the first hour. I didn't even know that Bachmann had a 45 tonner out yet but it sure a nice looking unit.

I think it was just released. The pic is exactly like the one I posted earlier. It even has a figure in the cab as was posted by modeltrainstuff.
I did a 30 mile trip to one of my favorite LHS in Lansdale, PA. Lins Junction. I was picking up a couple of rolling stock and asking for a couple of weathering tips. A couple of people were commenting on it while it was beign run for the first time on the store setup. I thought it was an HoN3 but was told it was HO. They had just received some in the last couple of days. After watching it run for a few minutes I had to have it. :D Cost was a hundred bucks even.

well after about 2 hours of run time I'm very happy with this little engine. It's very quiet and smooth running, probably the best I've seen in a Bachmann.

Does anyone know if the non-DCC version is available? If so a web addy for order, who can supply to UK would be good
thanks
Jack (aka shortliner)

Them are sweeeet. Of course your out of the yellow with black stripe which would go with my U.P. line up.

We will be getting more of the yellow ones in, I am going use one of them on the new store layout to switch the MBK Warehouse I am putting together.

Ryan - many thanks - it arrived today - first class packaging and service - 10 days door-to-door order to delivery USA to Scotland can't be bad

:):):) Need a happy bunny smilie

Nice! I will have to thank the Postal System for that! We usually get most things out the same day if possible.

I had to grab one of the 45 tonners for our new display layout. They are very nice little switchers...

Ryan

Wow, I've ben jonesing for one of these. I see all listed as "Out of Stock" what are you looking at for back orders?

The 45 tonners are going like hotcakes. If you can't find one with modeltrainstuff try www.linsjunction.com. Give them a call. It's where I got mine when the first came out and I saw a couple of them there last weekend.

Back