Anybody Have a MTH Operating Crossing?

The Tomar does look more prototypical, but I might be willing to sacrifice a bit of that for ease of installation and I like that it can detect 4 tracks.

Should be able to use the Tomar ones with the MTH crossing system, just attach the control rod the the Tomar gates...

I don't know how two sensors can control four tracks, unless they give you eight sensors with each kit. The gates and flashers don't look very realistic and the gate operation in the video is pretty jerky. My NJ gates are very smooth with the Tortoise motors. I also don't like the idea of having the signals attached to a big box under the layout. Makes it really hard to route around existing benchwork and wiring.

I'm pretty sure that it comes with two sensors, but can handle up to 8. You will have to buy the other 6 seperately.

That's what I was thinking too, Di, but the MTH ad doesn't make that clear. If you have to buy additional sensors, you're really starting to get into an expensive setup for one grade crossing.

Nice! Now I want them too!

Theres no grade crossing where the gates are though :D

How much does it cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got them for $159.00.
On another note, I just recieved an email with a response that was apparently deleted accusing me of being some MTHSD70ACe member that was banned. I looked into this guy and apparently he is some kid. Well, my youtube site is www.youtube.com/jlwii2000 If you watch my reviews you can see that I am not a 15 year old kid and if you have any other curiosity that I am this guy, then call me at 727-278-3782 and we can have a nice conversation about your lack of investigative skills. The member who said this then erased his post was diburning.

Back