Any Veterans on this Forum...

IronBeltKen

Lazy Daydreamer
...I just wanted to offer a heartfelt Thank You for the risks you took, and the sacrifices you made, to keep this great country FREE, on this your own special day:) !

I am proud to have served in the U.S Air Force, 1963-1967. I too, would like to thank those that served before me, with me, and after me for their sacrifices to keep our country strong and to keep our country free.

Thank you KenL for starting this thread.

I would also like to thank all of the vets who have helped protect our country, and kepping it a FREE one! I would also like to thank the soldiers who have died for us in the many battles. We are praying for all of you:)

Thank ya, and I hope everyone else who is still over there, or has to go, makes it through as smoothly as I did. I have quite a few freinds over in Iraq right now.

Most of you may be too young to remember that this day was once called Armistice Day to commemorate the end of WW I. It didn't become Veterans' Day until 1954, and by that time there had been two more major wars involving American troops. Sadly, there would be still others to follow.

This date brings memories of many who served in the past, and reminds me of how grateful we must be to those who serve today. Thanks to all of you!

US Navy 1959-1963 'Missles of October'
Although it may not look it today, the world IS a safer place because of those who manned the posts, planes and ships in 'peacetime' as well as in war.

Back