AMAZING DETAIL TANK CARS and why you need them!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

beiland

Wondering what these are selling for,...both list price and street price??

I ask because I do appreciate the detail offered, but the price on individual freigh cars these days would have me giving double considerations to buying. Prices are getting quite high that I wonder how the younger generation is getting into the hobby.

Sure glad I bought a lot of my rr equip a number of years ago when prices were much more reasonable.

GeeTee

I am loathe to spend more than $10 on 25 cents worth of plastic no matter how good it looks . Overseas manufactured cars are fast approaching if not exceeding domestic resin kits. In N scale I would strongly consider a resin printer and doing my own.

I usually don't waste my time looking at new stuff.

beiland

Cryogenic Tank Cars
These are some of my favorite tank cars, and they use to be available only as brass items. Those got real expensive.

https://modelrailroadforums.com/for...nde-cryo-car-painted-and-decaled.19939/page-3

Finally Broadway Ltd did them in plastic and tried to keep the price reasonable (not cheap, but half way reasonable at 40 each). Now they have come out with a remake, but now the list price has grown to 60 each. I just saw some used ones on ebay going for 60 each.

Beyond my price range.

You know you can trash something and justify it as an opinion. Take a page from Ken Patterson's "What's Neat" and keep it positive.

beiland

GREAT job, Bobby

If Broadway had not finally decided to build these commercially, I was going to follow your lead in building some of these.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.