All I can say is WOW

That is nice, but I cant justify paying $900 for a bridge. maybe for 3-4 engines, but not even one. But thats just me.:cool:

that is definitely detailed and nice, but I agree. I couldn't justify $900 for a bridge. Heck I can't justify $900 for much of anything these days. lol

I agree with both of the above posts, especially if the bridge would end up on the back of a layout, where the details will not be noticed.

I've seen 1 of those on ebay before. I jokingly sent the link to guys at the MRR club I belong to. One guy replied we should make the viaduct out of 5 or 6 of them. With our limited funds, that would take over 20yrs to save.

I agree with you all I just was remarking about the design. The details are great on it. Josh Thanks for the link, That is alot more reasonable price for such a bridge. Max I think I would find a way to put something like that near the front and it would be the subject of many photos.

Josh, it's a similar bridge but not the same. This is the first really accurate model of a Pratt Pin Connected Truss Bridge I've seen. The price is...a little steep...but, if you're a bridge fan, it's probably worth it. The only glaring problem is the date plate on the bridge. There weren't any of these type of bridges around in 1826. :)

Jim: I's seen one of these in person installed on a layout and I remenber the date being 1928 which would be more accurate. And as for the price, with the amount of work which goes into one it is a bargain.

Now that I look at the pictures again, it could be 1928. Maybe it looks better in person but I'd replace that date plate with something a little more readable. I tend to agree that, if you have that kind of disposable income, the bridge really is a bargain. It is by far the best detailed of a seldom modeled but very common railroad bridge I've ever seen.

Well If I had my layout I wouldnt mind spending the extra cash for it. Its all in the details and this one is very detailed.
I am right now bidding on Two Deck Girder Bridges from the same seller. Granted they are going for a good some of cash but I have plans for such a bridge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=200232645536

Even tought they are simple these models are very well crafted and look great. Add a little weathering and they would look awsome.

Cool. I'm sure they'll look great on your layout. Amazing the things they are making in China now.

LOL, Don, I never thought of it that way before. Now it's in reverse - they make the track and we do the hand labor to install it. :)

Back