All I can say is WOW

Here's a lot more reasonable solution!

I have available a beautifuly detailed Pratt 150' Truss Bridge made by Central Valley in plastic and would believe, indeed expect, CV to produce a bridge that was highly detailed yet would support the weight of any HO locomotive!

http://www.modelrailroadphotos.com/...ratt_Truss_Bridge_-_Sharp_resized_300x225.jpg

I believe there's a larger size image under my images which many of you have viewed, Thank You it's appreciated!!

I'll verify the current pricing of $39.95 and edit the post to show the current price or state that is correct + Shipping & tax if your in CA. next week on Mon 7-28/29-08 Tues. ;)

Hope this bridge meets with your approval I'm also going to have at least one on my layout, I really like the design of this bridge and it fits the earlier time period I'm modeling.

Hope this helps? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trussrod I believe that the bridge you are refering to is the Central Valley piece. As far as I know Grant Line has never done a steel truss bridge. The CV bridge is a very nice bridge, a bit to assemble since all the box trusses have to be built from pieces but the lacing that is produced is very very nice.

Matt
MD Custom Models

Matt, as far as I know, you're correct. The 150' Pratt Truss bridge is produced by Central Valley. I'm not aware of any Pratt Truss bridges produced by Grandt Line. Walthers produces a somewhat similar bridge. The difference between the bridges and the one originally shown on e-bay is that it's pin connected and both of the other bridges are rivet connected. They are both great models and either would look fine on any layout but the pin connected bridge is a real beauty for bridge aficionados like me.

I stand corrected!

I don't understand why I said Grandt Line, the Item is plainly listed as being produced by Central Valley!

Still not certain how I got Grandt Line & Central Valley mixed up? It was possible due to my having looked an another post showing the East Terrible Mill & Mining Co by Grandt Line, which I'm also interested in, and the GL name stuck in my mind.

Matt, thanks for catching my error!

For that price it better be a real bridge, although the details are amazing I couldn't see anyone spending over $800.00 dollars for a Model bridge, ya, let me run that one by the wife, "Oh honey", "I'll have to put your car repairs on the back burner until I buy this bridge", hey wait, isn't that a joke?

the part about someone selling me a bridge???
Some people just don't know the value of a buck???
I'm in shock!!!!

Just a comment on value...
A good friend (and my mentor) built an On2 model of a pin connected truss bridge on the Sandy River and Rangley Lakes Railroad. The bridge was constructed from recycled MEK thinner cans, all scratch built. It took him over 2 years to make the structure.
When it was completed, I don't think he would have sold it for any amount of money. Too many hours invested.

I was just thinking about that in relation to this bridge. Value really depends on what you like and what you can afford. I know guys that have paid well over $2000 for an HO UP Turbine with two tenders and factory paint. Now, I like Turbines but I'd never pay that amount of money for one. Obviously, there are medelers who look at that turbine as work of art and are willing to pay the tab. To bridge lovers like me, I would have bought that $800 bridge in a heartbeat if I had the disposable income and a place to put it.

Back