Alabama Rail Gang (ARG) Meet: Dec 6

Thanks, Rex, trying to get the Bama boys to stand still long enough for a picture was the hardest thing I did all day. :) It was a ball, especially since it wasn't one of those race the fast clock deals with the dispatcher yelling at you the whole time.

CJ, I think Rex would be better described as a great model for engineer hats and scarves. :D

Scott, it would be worth the trip from anywhere. I took me an hour and a half each way but I'd drive twice that far to run on Rex's railroad again.

Looks like another fun ARG meet.

Jim- thanks for posting the pictures.

Rex- I'll say it again...............incredible layout.:D

Stan.

LGM and I sure had a blast. It's always a treat to have a meet at Rex's house. Running a train on the BC&W RR is a special experience. Think real railroading with switching and mainline running all dispatched via radio. :cool:

Rex the layout changes are fantastic! Just when I think its perfect, you make it better. :)

Tell the Mrs thanks for all her help in making this meet such a success (I know you didn't cook all that mouth watering food, Rex...:D ). I think I gained a couple of pounds.

Thank you Eric. I am very happy that all seemed to enjoy running their trains and the camaraderie of the day. Sometimes we lose track of why we have get togethers, but yesterday certainly was a pleasant reminder. :)

I forgot to warn you that the Apple Dapple cake was dangerous to your waistline. How many pieces did you eat? and LGM? :D

Nice shots Jim. Rex is still as ugly as ever!

CJ-Rex is only temporary king of UGLY. The two top contenders were not in the photos, thee and me.:D:D

Rex- you will be glad to know I made it home in 75 minutes, meaning my tour of Tuscaloosa took about 30 minutes before I called you for directions. I feel the tour of your railroad was well worth the trip and the fellowship was pure bonus.
Rex, I feel I was the distraction that may have caused "dispatcher disorientation." Sorry!
I made the family reunion Saturday afternoon and my shift at the layout in McWane this afternooon. With the ARG visit, I consider this a very good weekend for me. Thanks for everything.
mikey

Mikey it was grand to see you again. Sorry you got lost and maybe next time I will be the guide for your T-town excursion :D. You will always have an open invitation.
No, you didn't distract me as we really hadn't got rolling yet. I just got carried away shoveling...you know....that stuff Jim piled up. :rolleyes::D

Glad you had a full and a good weekend. ;):)

Back