Airbrush clean-up solvent following Scalecoat I?

"How anyone lived past the age of 14 back then is still a mystery"

So true and so many ways to go.
I remember this junk sold in lead tubes for kids to make their own balloons. It was a liquid that smelled like old model airplane fuel mixed with some rubbery stuff. You had to blow into a pipe with this stuff in the bowl to make balloons.

Wooohooo! And it got you kinda tipsy at the same time. Anyone remember that stuff from the 1950s?

Of course it was a time when "leading doctors recommended Camel Cigarettes too. And race car drivers didn't wear seat belts because they believed it was better to be "thrown free of a bad accident". Yeah - right....:p

That's why my Model RR is stuck in 1955. Good times.

I remember all that!

I remember all that!

See?, the fact we can remember all this proves only one thing; we didn't get exposed to enough of it. LOL

Oh yes the tube of balloon goo. :D

As toddlers teething on high chair trays painted with lead based oil paints.

Little wax bottles that looked like Coca Cola bottles and had flavored syrup in them. When the syrup was gone it was fun to chew when you didn't have any gum. How many tons of that got swallowed along with the wax teeth and wax lips. Rubber stamps of horses and birds that came with black ink and sold as tattoo kits. Put those beauties right over a fresh cut and God only knows what the ink was made from.

Nobody wore sanitary gloves when they made you a sandwich or an ice cream cone. Bottled water came 2 ways, soda water or seltzer water and nobody walked around everywhere with one in their hand.

Ahh the good old days!!

Wow, I thought I was old, but some of you guys make me feel like spring chicken!!:rolleyes:

Me, myself and I use Berkebile 2+2 carb cleaner to clean my Binks Airbrush (circa 1965). It comes with a little tube that fits into the nozzle. Insert that into the siphon of the gun and pull the trigger. 2 or 3 squirts is all you need. I usually do this right behind the garage, where we have a large area of mulch. What shoots out or drips help keep the weeds down!:D
Laquer thinner works for me too if I happen to be out of carb cleaner. However, being from an automotive repair type family, we've always had a few spray cans sitting around. It's just much more convenient that small bottles of laquer, and will remove any paint, solvent or water based!

Back