Adapter for Paasche talon airbrush

NYSW F45

I have a paasche talon airbrush that I need to start using soon. Only problem is I dont know what size threaded connection is on it. I can't find anything online or in the manual. The hose I have does not fit either compressor that I own and dont know which adapter to get. I have a braded hose now that i've been using with my harbour freight airbrush that works with my compressor along with one that i got that has a moisture trap in it. But neither fit the Talon airbrush since the threaded part is very small compared to the other's i've used.

Can anyone help me out?

Not familiar with the Talon but my 2 Paasche - H & VL - both take a standard quick disconnect air hose fitting at the compressor end of the flex hose that comes with the airbrushes. One end is a male quick disconnect and the hose end is 1/4 inch male pipe thread, same as would screw into an impact gun or other air tool.

Ok the problem im having is with the hose from the air eraser, its larger then the paashe hose, the part that connects with the airbrush. This hose has a air trap on it. I probably could get a moisture trap from harbour freight for my compressor, which doesn't have one. THe old one did but that can't come off.

Here's a pic to show the sizes, left is paashe, right is HF air eraser.

Last edited by a moderator:
The compressor end is universal among the various manufacturers. My Paasche hoses all fit standard SAE hose fittings that compressors are fitted with. Iwata makes a three adaptor set, part # J003 that has adaptors for Paasche, Badger, and Aztek to fit the Iwata hose. Iwata hoses and the HF hoses share the same airbrush end fitting size. Didn't your Talon come with a hose?

im going to double check mine, but i dont remember seeing any quick disconnect.

They don't come with an airbrush. You can get one at almost any harware store, Lowes, Home Depot, Wal Mart that sells air compressors of any size.

Ok the problem im having is with the hose from the air eraser, its larger then the paashe hose, the part that connects with the airbrush. This hose has a air trap on it. I probably could get a moisture trap from harbour freight for my compressor, which doesn't have one. THe old one did but that can't come off.

Here's a pic to show the sizes, left is paashe, right is HF air eraser.

Those are the ends that fit onto the airbrush. Generally specific to the tool it came with. The other end of those hoses all take the same 1/4 inch pipe thread fitting that is one end of the disconnect. Keep each hose with its intended air tool and just pick up the adapters for the other end that connects to the compressor.

They don't come with an airbrush. You can get one at almost any harware store, Lowes, Home Depot, Wal Mart that sells air compressors of any size.

In the interest of clarity...you can get QD's for both ends. The compressor end, like Mike says, can be had just about anywhere, and the airbrush end, which gets brand specific. I would get a moisture trap (and regulator if your compressor doesn't have one) I use two moisture traps, one on the conmpressor and one at the airbrush end. It's a little redundant, but it only takes one ruined paint job to make a believer out of you!

The compressor end is universal among the various manufacturers. My Paasche hoses all fit standard SAE hose fittings that compressors are fitted with. Iwata makes a three adaptor set, part # J003 that has adaptors for Paasche, Badger, and Aztek to fit the Iwata hose. Iwata hoses and the HF hoses share the same airbrush end fitting size. Didn't your Talon come with a hose?

It did, but the new compressor I have does not have a moisture trap on it unline my old one which had it and the adjustment valve in one. I have hose with a moisture trap on it but the airbrush side is larger then the talon connection.

does anyone know if there is a way to take a regulator/moisture trap combo and disable the regulator and just use the moisture trap on another compressor that has a regulator built into it?

does anyone know if there is a way to take a regulator/moisture trap combo and disable the regulator and just use the moisture trap on another compressor that has a regulator built into it?

My compressor came with a built in regulator, and I had a separate regulator/moisture trap that has a larger gauge on it, that is easier to read and adjust. I just opened the reg on the compressor wide open and use the secondary to adjust pressure to the tools, (media blaster and airbrushes). Like Alan, I did attach another moisture trap to the system so I have 2 traps in my system as well. One at the compressor and one where the tool attaches to the regulator/moisture trap at the end of the compressor hose. I also mounted the reg/trap at a higher level above the floor, to make it easier to adjust without having to bend over to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
My compressor came with a built in regulator, and I had a separate regulator/moisture trap that has a larger gauge on it, that is easier to read and adjust. I just opened the reg on the compressor wide open and use the secondary to adjust pressure to the tools, (media blaster and airbrushes). Like Alan, I did attach another moisture trap to the system so I have 2 traps in my system as well. One at the compressor and one where the tool attaches to the regulator/moisture trap at the end of the compressor hose. I also mounted the reg/trap at a higher level above the floor, to make it easier to adjust without having to bend over to do so.

duhh i didn't even think about opening up the tank regulator all the way.....Dohh!

Looks like i'll be playing around with the compressors tomorrow.

Back