5 x 10 layouts

brubakes

I've stalled almost before I started my 5' x 10' layout. Anyone else have this layout and care to share some pictures? I need inspiration.

Are you asking if anyone has a 5x10 alyout already built? What is holding you up. Almost any 4x8 plan can be stretched to 5x10 by making larger radius curves and a longer mainline.

I've stalled almost before I started my 5' x 10' layout. Anyone else have this layout and care to share some pictures? I need inspiration.
I agree with the prior poster. Almost any 4x8 layout design will be much better just by relaxing it a bit to fill a 5' x 10'

Wellllll, the simplest plan would be an oval with a viewblock down the middle so you could have two separate scenes. Yard and industries on one side, country / desert / mountains on the other. Or one side devoted to multitrack staging while ops run on the "visible" side.

I prefer donut or around-the-walls layouts but I'm doing an oval with staging in N-scale on a hollow core door, more or less as an experiment, and for when I want a break from my HO shelf switcher. I also don't care for "spaghetti bowls" but some people love 'em. Your layout, your choice...

i did mine in 3x10 layout .which enables me to lean over and not have to move it off the wall to get in back.have two double tracks front and back when i run dcc.also do my side tracks off the siding front and back.hung two brackets on the front of layout .future yard in the works.

Back