3D Models for laying out your layout

I use freecad not only to design and print. Its nice learning something new. 15 Years ago I visited a Fablab. They had printers, cutters amazing. You do a course how to operate the machines. After that you can "hire" the machine to do a job and pay a small fee.
Since I moved we don't have a "shop" like that now. But you can send the design to any printshop and get the result by mail. They even look at the design to advise or select mistakes (that I hope will not be there). Its merely the lack of specific information for dimensions that I endure now.
But with lots of cars to go the 10th will be ok. And nobody in Holland will tell if its "over or under" tall.

I build mine for me, HANG THE CRITICS. This is supposed to be fun right ?? not to say it's not all HO scale, .03125 aint gonna hurt
my challenges is all engines and rolling stock must stay on the track. my grades are over the limit but only on the down slope.
so banking the turns is a must. I found using flex track on the helix works best. fewer connection so it's lay track section. and test test test.

Last edited:
inside helix complete

Attachments

• 20221116_182501.jpg
    20221116_182501.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20221116_180211.jpg
    20221116_180211.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 46

Back