'1943, Somewhere in England', N scale Monster Layout

It looks like your journey is coming to an end. That's some fantastic work you've done. Excellent. Best of luck getting it to its final destination.

I agree with everything that Chet says !! Your documentation of the project has been excellent.

In the early hours of Monday morning, I returned from a trip to Ireland having delivered the railway, so I'm looking for a new project now! There is a possibility that I may be building further sections in the future, but for now, my workshop is my own again!

I've just been sent these shots of the layout after assembly by the customer. This is the first time I've seen it all connected. The nearest I got was all the sections laid out on the garage floor. After many connections and much track cleaning, trains are starting to make their way around the layout.

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

That is an impressive looking layout. I think that you might have grown attached to it after all of the work you put into it, but it must also feel good to see it all put together and operating.

I'm waiting to hear from the customer to see if he wants to go ahead with future extensions. I'd expect for now, he's just getting used to managing what he's got. It's a big layout already and lots of track to clean, and with all the DCC operations of things etc, plenty to learn.

Either end. To the right of the station, it was planned to run the tracks on past a mine, and at the far left, under the airfield, the two main lines and branch turn left off the edge of the board . Look back in the thread, and you'll see the sections I made a few inched deep that join the layout, allowing me to build onto these, knowing the track will line up without having access to the layout.

Back