120-ton Joy Ride!

Chris- It was fun while it lasted!

When I got out to replace the battery in my DCC controller, they confiscated the engine back. The momentum and sound of this engine was better than my BLI.:D

Thats to funny, it was prolly someone in the company or working for a rival RR that jumped in the drivers seat and was either playing a joke or trying to get some confusion out of the CSX staff when they found out when there loco that they needed was no longer where it should have been lol

I know one thing their asking the last person on the engine how he left it. There are ways to disable the engine so only railroad personal would know how to get it moving again.

NYC_George

I thought that all locomotives had GPS/Tracking devices that was connected to the CTC? The train traveled 7 miles down the line. some one should have noticed unscheduled train movement on the line. Either way This joke could have lead to a serious accident and plus this shows criminals that a locomotive can be stolen and be used to do bad thing's. Hope Homeland Security is looking into it!

I’m going to guess that the alerter finally went off and they didn’t know how to reset it.

NYC_George

I told those guys to always take the keys w/you especially in Miami. They never listen.

I was told it was a GP38-2 locomotive and a crew had left it idling with the reverser in. Dumb move, as the reverser is supposed to be removed so someone cant do such a dumb thing.

Even with the reverser left in the engine, it seems like whoever stole it had to have some railroading background just to get it going. Did they leave it idling on the main or what? If not, someone had to know how to throw the switch and needed a switch key. I'm inclined to believe this was a railroad employee out for a little fun. However, I'm sure there's an engineer looking for work and the CSX police are trying to figure out how this happened.

Back