1/87th Vehicles

Well, as I stated before, its a camera phone. There are no settings, just point and take. I'll refrain from posting pictures in the future.

no need to refrain from posting photos. Notice how the stuff in the background of this photo below are in focus. You just need to hold the camera further away from the models so the cell phone camera can focus on it.

IMAG_1742.png

Ok, heres a far shot, with a crop from photo bucket.
the newest truck is to the left.
IMAG_1749.png

new truck is at the bottom of pic
IMAG_1750.png

new truck at the right.
IMAG_1751.png

Still blurry. I'll try and work on it.

Thanks for the comments and all the help guys! Maybe I'll get a cheapo digital camera so the details and weathering don't go un noticed.

This is a tad big for HO, but I figured I would pass it on anyway.

Johnny Lightning just released a 1950 Chevy delevery lettered for REA. There stuff is generally 1/64 scale. This looks like with a little detail work it would make a nice S scale delevery.

I think they run about $3.00 at Wal Mart, but i ordered one on line at Milezone.com.

Jim

At most of the large Walmarts you can get the Matchbox Heavy Trucks & they are close to 1/87th. I've posted quite a few pictures of these in this thread.:D

I took a break today and built an old Kibri lowbed trailer kit, a wierd little thing.
It still needs some work but at least now my crews can haul the MOW equipment to the worksite.
(Wait... isn't that Billy Bob Thornton?)

Attachments

• trailer 013.jpg
    trailer 013.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 228
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, these came in the mail today. They became victims of a quick MOW transformation/kitbash for my fathers Conrail crew. I added decals, a hand painted balsa wood rear traffic advisory board, hand painted the details, and I ordered a fresh new box of these handy Herpa stropes that last quite a while. Big $ too. But they are perfect for any MOW or DOT vehicle!
IMAG_1822.png

IMAG_1823.png

IMAG_1824.png

IMAG_1825.png

Well guess I'm looking for the hard stuff again. I'm looking forvthe Eculid style mine haul trucks. Not the modern hinged type the 4 wheel haul trucks. I'm going to be adding a quarry/crusher loading area to my layout soon and would like them for that area. The pics are of a couple of N scales that I found but I haven't had any luck with HO,1/87th. I would prefer the Euclid style (yellow) but either will do.
Thanks for any help.

Well guess I'm looking for the hard stuff again. I'm looking forvthe Eculid style mine haul trucks. Not the modern hinged type the 4 wheel haul trucks. I'm going to be adding a quarry/crusher loading area to my layout soon and would like them for that area. The pics are of a couple of N scales that I found but I haven't had any luck with HO,1/87th. I would prefer the Euclid style (yellow) but either will do.
Thanks for any help.

Thats going to be tough. Since the 1:1 scale trucks look so out of scale to anything around them, I'm guessing that most of the small scale versions are probably not even close to the scale they list on boxes (but I could be wrong).

This one for example, says its 1/64 scale. Without seeing it you would wonder if its really 1/64 scale, or if its really just sized to fit in the same size packaging as the manufacturer's other 1/64 scale diecasts.
a_55308-01_1.jpg

In this photo with other pieces identified as 1/64 scale it does look scaled similarly to the other pieces in the set, and with this piece being an over sized piece of equipment anyway, maybe 1/64 scale would still look right for 1/87 scale. It would only be the scale of the stairway and steering wheel that would give away a larger scale.
41JdhRZd0FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This other one says HO scale, but it may be too new and not American enough for a scene in the US.
10904%201-15-2012%2010-53-59%20AM.jpg

You may need to find a forum for collectors of construction toys and ask for guidance there.

This is also the time of year for alot of Farm Toy/Construction Toy shows around the country. Check some of those collector forums for construction toy and farm toy shows in your area. Attend one of those shows and you might just find several different trucks that have the correctly scaled features to make them appear to be correctly scaled to 1/87 scale.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to find the construction forums. I have seen the Cat truck but not in that package, in a box, at Hobby Lobby but it is small almost dwarf size next to the 1/87th scale bucket loader. The Kirbi I did a search on and found it is a bit pricey for what I want to do, seeing as I am looking for 2 or 3 of them. Most of the places were either out of stock or discontinued.
I'll keep looking, if no luck I guess I'll have to go with the new styles, the Volvo and other hinged style haul trucks that are not quite as big. But man I like the looks of those monster haulers lol.

Thanks again.:D

I bought my big mining trucks from Big Lots about 3 years ago. I have a plastic one & a metal one. Both of mine are 1/87th scale. Last year I tried to sell them here on the Forum w/no sale. Now, I use them in my coal mine area loaded w/coal.
You can also find them at Tractor Supply & Northern Tools sometimes. Especially around Christmas.:D

Thanks for any help.

Walthers makes what you are looking for, but the kits are getting scarce. Boley made the same thing for $4 at one time, but those trucks are nearly impossible to find now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walthers-Te...058862?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item19cdbf746e

Well, these came in the mail today. They became victims of a quick MOW transformation/kitbash for my fathers Conrail crew. I added decals, a hand painted balsa wood rear traffic advisory board, hand painted the details, and I ordered a fresh new box of these handy Herpa stropes that last quite a while. Big $ too. But they are perfect for any MOW or DOT vehicle!
IMAG_1822.png

IMAG_1823.png

IMAG_1824.png

IMAG_1825.png

That's a very nice truck, I may borrow that idea for a few trucks on my layout!

Back