1/87th Vehicles

On my budget and with tractors being made by matchbox that run around 1.69 a piece I think anything over 3 dollars for a backhoe is rediculous.
I have to keep pricing low, I guess thats what makes me a heavy kitbasher..
Oh and thank you JB, ill check into it.

I just got my Del-Prado fire engines in, teach me to order them from the Netherlands, its been 2+ months!

So far, without setting them next to my current HO fire equipment, the 2005 HP 75 E-one looks the closest to HO, and it has no fire department markings, so its ready for decals! The 2003 E-one HP-100 is slightly larger, and the 1993 Pierce Lance is even larger then the HP-100. I'll get pictures later tonight.

I saw some real nice Metal Works 1/87th cars today at my local Walmart, less than $2.00. If I were to do HO, I would do a switching layout. However, these cars were Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Shelby, Bentlry, etc. They are a little rich for a switching layout. Unless I renovate an old warehouse into condos. (hmmm......... :rolleyes: )

I'm sorry for asking a question that's answer is probably found in the last seventy pages of this thread! Does anyone know of a good source for an early Model T in HO? I know Jordan makes a few. Are there any less expensive options?

Thought I'd pass along some info. I recently found a seller on eBay selling, what he claims to be, pre-production Johnny Lightning trucks. I'm referring to the International cab, Box vans Johnny Lightning makes, that are roughly HO scale. They're plain red, with chrome wheels, not company logos at all.

I bought two, as he's selling them in lots of two. $5 for the lot, plus shipping. Not a bad deal for two plain red box vans.

Josh, 2 years ago I bought the Johnny Lightning Coca Cola box trucks that were HO scale. There was about 5 diff. ones & I only got 2. It seems at Christmas time is when all of the specialty trucks come out. These are almost exact 1/87th. The one's U got on EBay are probably the same bodies.
Since JL got bought out about 2 years ago it seems like there's just not anymore of the good stuff.

Larry

I think EKO makes a Model T & Walthers is the outlet for them.

Larry:)
Thanks, I decided to move my era forward ten years. I wanted to have chain drive trucks and model A's. I had to ditch my wooden board walks in favor of concrete. I realized that I'm not much of a horse and buggy fan. I still think that I'll have to use Jordan for my autos. One question, are Jordan models kits or pre-built?

Jordan's are all kits and they are not easy to build. They make a nice looking model but plan on spending six hours or so on each one.

Be real careful of any metal/pewter kits. They take a lot of patience, a lot of deflashing & the right kind of paint. Some of the older cars & trucks that are on the market are the metal casting type of kits. I've tried a few & don't want to ever make 1 again. Complete frustration putting them together.

Larry

I have a 1925 Ford roadster - Pick Up by Jordan sitting right in front of me. If anyone wants to put it together let me know message me and I'll send it out to the first one !!

Be real careful of any metal/pewter kits. They take a lot of patience, a lot of deflashing & the right kind of paint. Some of the older cars & trucks that are on the market are the metal casting type of kits. I've tried a few & don't want to ever make 1 again. Complete frustration putting them together.

Larry
You tried any of the GHQ kits? I love them, the white metal does require deflashing, but a sharp #11 Xacto, and a nice flat jeweler's file work wonders. That and some Gap filling CA. I'm just finishing up assembly of 4 GHQ material handlers.

You tried any of the GHQ kits? I love them, the white metal does require deflashing, but a sharp #11 Xacto, and a nice flat jeweler's file work wonders. That and some Gap filling CA. I'm just finishing up assembly of 4 GHQ material handlers.

Josh, I'll stick to premade vehicles. They are a lot easier to just sit there & collect dust like the rest of my layout. I don't take the required time to put complicated kits together anymore. All that filling gaps is time consuming.
When U get my age, together-ness is the way to go.

Larry

I can't hardly believe two weeks has gone by without a post to the 1/87th Vecicles thread. Guess I'll give it a bump baclk to the top. If I recall correctly, somebody indicated that the Reel Rides Delorean would be out in November. Anybody seen one yet?
Doc

Hello,

Here is a DRGW Hi-rail truck I put together with a Trident truck,Details west Hi-rail detail kit and a Plano headache rack. Sorry its a little blurry I will shoot a couple more.:eek:

Regards, Dave Dane

th_HPIM1231.jpg

I recently received several of the new River Point 2008 F250's in HO. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. With these new models I may finally be able to shed the 1980's vintage trident models.

Back