Search results

1. B

How difficult is it to remove the shell on a Stewart DS-4-4-1000?

I got one new in the box still wrapped neve open. It arrived on the 26th of may. I can see the bracket for the cab light is not in position. Today I finally decided to power up the loco touching the power pack clips to one set of wheels. I hear and feel the cab end truck rattle unless I tilt it...
  2. B

Has anyone experienced shipping delays with Fedex smart post?

I ordered a Stewart DS-4-4-1000 from Trainz off ebay . First it was to be here on the 12th then changed to the 21st now it's the 27th . It's in Chino,CA and it says Fedex smart post so I assume this is where the post office picks it up to deliver. Chino is about 30 miles from me yet you can't...
  3. B

Brought up my old spray booth in another post "Am I foolish"

I need to try to keep posts in their proper places. When I post my mind just tosses it all in one place. Here are a few photo's . I just reinforced it a bit and made a shelf for it and connected the fan outlet to the outside vent I put in decades ago. I got this plastic spray booth in the early...
  4. B

Am I foolish?

I went and bought a Stewart DS-4-4-1000 for less than $60 brand new in box shipped . Some my have read my posts and have some idea about me. So far I was doing good haven't bought anything new in over a decade as far as trains go. I sold most of it decades ago. I haven't had a layout since 85...
  5. B

Athearn BB SW7 frame and shell.

I noticed all three of the frames I have are bowed up toward the shell. If I set the shell in place using the fuel tank tabs one end is higher than the other. From memory I don't recall what the SW7 and S12 were like. I think I would have noticed this yet who knows. I don't feel trying the...
  6. B

Anyone recall what Labelle oil # used to be?

I only remember the 106 grease and from what's left of the oil bottle label it was 108 now I see 107 for HO and larger and 108 for small HO what ever that means. They don't define them other than one being a lighter weight oil . Mine was so old from the mid 80's it looked like it changed with...
  7. B

For distraction I had a Stewart F3 shell and fit a BB Athearn frame.

I filed the Athearn F7 frame to fit included thinning the tab of the fuel tank so it would fit in the shell slots. I also filled the coupler pads and the two front frame tabs the shell rests on so they would clear the front cab steps other wise the frame would not move back far enough I also...
  8. B

Looking for Athearn BB SW7 shell .

I don't need the handrails , pained or not as long as the shell is not broken like the pilot steps or anything else.
  9. B

I wish Athearn would bring back a few of the old blue box diesels, I know they won't , still.

I see them on the site we all know about and some are asking $40 for dummy units , and a very few powered never used units and a lot of powered used units. Considering the price of all the new HO units out there now I think $45 to $50 would be fair and I bet they would sell. Just the SW's and...
  10. B

Question , I had three of the Stewart VO-1000's.

If I recall they didn't have much weight to them and I think they made a S12 or one like it yet never saw one. Did the S12 have a heavy metal frame with more weight or was this Bowser who now owns Stewart?
  11. B

I have this AHM SW1 plastic frame and shell , wanted to fit an Athearn bb Sw7 frame in it yet.

styrene cement won't touch the stuff . I need to build the sills down a bit . I have no idea what it's made of and I'm not sure what the shell is made of . Is super glue the only thing that will work? I never ran across this before. It's ether Delrin or maybe nylon. Haven't been able to locate...
  12. B

I am really having a though time with hand rails

For some reason even though I've made hand rails before and I had handrails I could copy from. On this RPP Gp-35 shell they are so different , plus I had a Blue box GP-38-2 I sold others I had and sold the hand rails with them. I did find that the Athearn BB SD40-2 has the proper end handrails...
  13. B

Got one Athearn SD40-2 part way done.

I posted a while back March 2014 about cutting the fuel tank from 19' to 13' for Milwaukee Road. I did the frame maybe 5 years ago yet finally fit it to the shell. I already shortened the hood to 81" and used Details west cast metal coupler pilot pockets and thinned the coupler mounts and...
  14. B

Atlas HO S-2 side frames

I am just looking for the side frames they fit either the Chinese version or the earlier Japan version.
  15. B

Finishing a Rail power products GP-35 on a modified Athearn GP-35 frame ?

I made the RP shell into a high hood and used Cannon & Co high hood ends because the RPP were not good and used a Athearn cab because RPP cab is not great either. I just cut off the headlamp and rear over hang used a GP-38-2 cab. The main issue is on the Athearn frame the coupler mounts need to...
  16. B

Dual action air brushes ?

I read as many posts on this subject and everyone has their own preference as to make and model. I have a Paasche VL-3 and a Badger 155 and a TC vega 2000. Yet I am still considering either a Paasche MIL-3 or TS Talon .66 bottom feed. Anyone have experience to both of either one? I think...
  17. B

I was a member went by Blue90.

I couldn't use my old user because it was used. I've been out of it all for a while . Don't have a layout , all I'm trying to do is finish the loco's I started quite a while ago. I have air brushes , Badger and Thayer chandler and Paasche. I started out with a Badger 200 and 150 well before the...

Back