Search results

1. O

MEC rail cars

Hello and good morning. I am looking for help with a couple of modeling projects, please! The Maine Central RR had 4 special railcars that carried wooden clothespin parts from Northern Maine to lower down in the State. Three of these had round roof hatches, but the 4th car had rectangular...
  2. O

Livestock Cars

Hello. Been away from Forums for a while. Back now. Does anyone have photos of any Maine Central livestock cars, either before or after conversion to pulp wood haulers? I would appreciate any replies please. Perley :)
  3. O

Rusty Maintenence of way Fans, Check this out!

Rusty MOW What a realistic job creating that work train combo. Excellent kitbash and even better weathering tricks. What size excavator did you use, I notice two different sizes available. perley :)
  4. O

Portland Terminal Rolling Stock

Hello out there! Does anybody hear me?
  5. O

Portland Terminal Rolling Stock

Here I am again with more questions folks. :confused: I am trying to research the PTM's Wood Chip Hoppers. I found an article on Wikipedia about the PTM that gives some info, enough to leave you scratching your head. This states that " Bethlehem Steel furnished 70 ton 40 foot hoppers for coal...
  6. O

Southern Boxcars

Well thanks an awful lot, all of you with input. Now, I've read somewhere that the roof hatch conversions were into the seventies, which is a little too late for my layout. There has been references to regular boxcars hauling clay previous to hatch conversions. I wonder, two things- #1, what...
  7. O

Paint

What are you using for paint? I used to use Floquil Solvent based paint, but I haven't done any painting for several years. My local hobby store has given up these paints, and now carries Polly S and Model Master. Tell me what you are using please, and your results with it. Perley
  8. O

Southern Boxcars

Boxcars Hey, thank you sincerely Trey. That info is first rate. Wide variety of cars, and I love the 40 footers too! Great research. Thanks again. Perley :)
  9. O

Southern Boxcars

cars Hey Boatwrench, great article and pics of/on your Southern models. Looking at them gives me the feeling that they were 40' cars, is that true? And whether or not, did they use 40 and 50 cars for this product? So --- you had to buy the base car and then buy an athearn covered hopper to...
  10. O

Southern Boxcars

hatches Hey Carey, it would be great if you could get pics and details of those hatches on the Southern boxcar. I assume they were 50'? Exact Rail makes a model of a southern boxcar, BUT, it is a waffle side. AND, they are 35 bucks or thereabouts. I certainly wouldn't have a fleet of them...
  11. O

Southern Boxcars

A while ago I read where someone had written in about having seen kaolin clay hauled in Southern boxcars that had roof hatches. Is anyone making kits of them now, OR has anyone in the past made them? I have a paper mill and I'd like to have a half dozen or so. Thanks in advance. Perley
  12. O

Proto BL2

Hello all. I have a P2K diesel BL2 that I would like to install a DCC decoder in. Has anyone out there done one? What decoder? Got info on the installation? Thanks. perley :)
  13. O

roundhouse

Well Jim, if that one is more difficult, I'll pass--------;) And as for the Japanese model, haahaaa. They been all these years trying to get back at us! :eek: Well, anyways, these things keep us off the street, pretty much! :D I've got to see if I can best that Coal Tower kit today! WOW...
  14. O

roundhouse

Yeah, I know, I've read most of the bad things about the Walthers kit 90 footer! Alas, I bought it several years ago through ignorance, and in spite of what I read, I put it together. Yes, I had the Devil's own time putting it together. UGH. But finally got it, and it seems to work alright...
  15. O

roundhouse

Dc Thank you both for the replies. And yep, I do have DCC, also DC if I choose. And the reason I would choose is that I have a serious collection of DC locos that do not have decoders. So to use any of them and park them on the stall tracks, obviously, I need to cut power off. And I already...
  16. O

roundhouse

I'd be interested to hear how folks are wiring their roundhouse stall tracks and turntable. I have the 90 ft. Walther's TT and a 6 stall roundhouse with three outside storage tracks. I have been thinking a rotary switch to power individual stall tracks on selection, with an on/off toggle...
  17. O

Turnout Control on a for a Wye

For CBCNSFAN. And I thank you for that diagram. I got a vapor lock, your drawing shows as if there are three contacts on the Tortoise Machines. In fact there only two for motor operation. Could you clarify that please. I am embarrased to be so dense, but it's the truth! :) Perley
  18. O

Instant Backdrop HOW-TO

Hello Friends. I want to glue some Walther's Instant backdrop scenes to my drywall backdrop. What are you all using for glue to do this? Once upon a time I used rubber cement, but it was a great chore. Had to trace where scene would be, then coat both the scene paper and the backdrop, then...
  19. O

Help

Hello fellow modelers. Newbie here doing HO Scale since 1985. I love model railroading. So many different aspects to work on. Carpentry, wiring, laying track, scenery, and on and on. I'd like to ask for help from those able please. I am a casual collector of BevBel HO rolling stock as well...

Back