Search results

1. R

problem soldering lighting kit in Walther's car

You did not read the thread thoroughly enough then. Please reread post #5 by ThoroughBreed six lines down.
  2. R

problem soldering lighting kit in Walther's car

I have a Walthers 85' coach and I just "SNAPED" in the lighting kit, don't know why you have to solder? Here is mine. Walthers has more for different cars. The Walthers light kit is a lot better than the Miniatronics in this case. Possibly Miniatronics is cheaper in price ( ? ) but soldering...
  3. R

Somebodys Gonna Get Fired For This!

Yeah, The double header hit the diamond at 76 smph ( according to the QSI speedometer ). Car behind trailing GP 40 came uncoupled just before the diamond on an uphill grade and I was answering someones Else's question and just heard my lady friend scream ( scared the s--t out of me :D ) when I...
  4. R

Somebodys Gonna Get Fired For This!

Some are blaming the Engineer some are blaming the guy in the interlocking tower at the diamond. Of course you know I'm not to blame. :D
  5. R

Anyone running this loco ?

1269 on the rails. WOW, I think Walthers and their Proto 2000 units with the NEW Q1a Sound Decoder might have it made. This new P2K GP7 ( Phase II ) has a well equipped Decoder. I'm using the GP7 for switcher duties and never even had to program CV 3 or CV 4 as they are programed right out of...
  6. R

Yeah I DCC and Sound, although the dispatcher, brakeman & engineer sometimes don't get along as this pic shows with a P2K GE U28B w/sound on the lead. :D Layout is over five years old, pure DCC at rails, all bldgs lighted, all street lights and other lamps lighted ( from their own...
  7. R

Well since I guess your such a nice feller you can have the one in my post above. :) And if that's not good enough then here is the real thing but they may not like you taking it. :D Well while I'm on a roll here is one but you'll have to wash it maybe. ;) Or if you...
  8. R

Need to get sound in those oil burners Alcomotive. :D Good to hear it runs good ( and like a rock, lol ). Thanks. Maybe someone knows about the sound part. Not sure if it has one or two speakers? Walthers is not the greatest for info on their locos sometimes.
  9. R

I've a chance to purchase this P2K GP7 and was wondering how it performs? This ones HO with QSI DCC & Sound.
  10. R

Sound for HO Atlas RS-1?

I copied the last three pics and will try to blow them up some then enhance them so I can see a little better. But I get the general drift. At Tony's the price for the LokSound 3.5 DCC sound decoder with S&H is $117.49 ( USA ). Got to wait till July though before I can order as to many things on...
  11. R

Sound for HO Atlas RS-1?

RS-1 out of service, getting looked at for sound. :D Starting to get dark, where the h--- is that engine? Finally 12 hours later. :( OOhh, who's the new gal in town? ( upper left window ) Lousy pics ( need new camera ) and a lot of work to...
  12. R

Sound for HO Atlas RS-1?

RS-1 bragging rights. Any of you RS-3's wanna drag? :D
  13. R

Sound for HO Atlas RS-1?

Thanks for the info Bob. I'll check out soundtrax ( probably at "Tonys Train Xchange" ). Both lights are factory 3mm LED's and are close to looking like "Yeloglo" by Miniatronics but some different brand. Real bright though. @Alcomotive, Atlas engines with Kato power drives? Why? I've 6...
  14. R

Sound for HO Atlas RS-1?

I've this Atlas RS-1 which is the latest RS-1 run Atlas made. It was the stock DC version #7120. I installed an old Atlas 340 decoder in it and it runs just fine on DCC ( although a very tight fit :D ). My question is has anyone ever installed a sound decoder and speaker in this...
  15. R

Loco headlights: Bulb -vs- LED

I apologize for spelling Yeloglo White ( edited above post ) as Yellow Glow :o , thats what I get for useing my memory ( About four Gigs short :) ) instead of looking at the package. It has been 4 years since I installed those in the GP-40's and they are still burning bright. Don't bother with...
  16. R

Athearn decoder install - tidy?

Look here for example: http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category/455/Perf_Boards.html?iorb=4764
  17. R

Loco headlights: Bulb -vs- LED

These 3mm "Yeloglo White" LED's come in five or ten packs and each LED comes with two resistors, one for 4-9 volts 270 ohm resistor and 10-16 volts 470 ohm resistor. They also sell 5mm Yeloglo White but the 3mm fits most HO diesels. A teriffic light. :)...
  18. R

Needed H.O. Scale Vehicles.

Early 1940 Greyhounds. Walthers will soon have these out and they are metal. July/15/2007 possible ship date. There will be four to chose from ( destination signs ) New York-Los Angeles-Chicago and a blank sign. Also one that is listed as just "Union Pacific".Probably in UP colors...

Back