Search results

1. B

what is your favorite engine

If you were given a choice of only 1 engine body style but could have as many as you want what would it be? post a pic as I am not great with engine names just looks mine is the Alco RS 3
  2. B

What A Deal What A Deal!!!!!!

over the past 3 days I have bought 5 BNIP (brand new in pkg) Atlas remote switches at 5.00 each!! :D a church for a dollar:eek: and winning 2 other auctions on a couple of Alco RS-3 !! ITS BEEN A GREAT DAY!!
  3. B

paper buildings

Has anyone ordered any of the paper buildings on ebay? I got a background building to day that is mounted on 1/4" black foam it looks fairly good (good enough to order a couple more) BUT there is a seller who makes skyscrapers. and southern style buildings (frm civil war era photos that you...
  4. B

non electric remote switches

I am looking for a switch machine(s) that is non electric. I saw one a hs awhile back and it operated by pushing/pulling a trigger that was connected to a rod which was then connected to switch, you could lengthen the rod by either piano wire or joining another rod to the original rod, has...
  5. B

Has anyone ever...

put a plane flying around part of their layout? I have a rather large crop field that needs crop dusting, what I want to do is have a plane "fly" over a the field kinda low and pick back up over the river and swoop down and do it again!:D I know the plane needs to be on some type of rod...
  6. B

N Scale Architech

Have anyof you tried their products? they have a new item out called " sheet water" it comes in 11x14" sheets, I was wondering what any of your experiences might be with it Thanks
  7. B

quick question about loco's

Say I just bought a Aloco RS 1 and I wanted to remove the RD name decal and make it another, What proceedure do I follow OR will I mess the thing up? PS I'd like to leave the base color as is and just remove the decal THANKS
  8. B

How to make celing tile montains?

I am wanting to know what I'll need, as a material list etc, as well as the process involved THANKS
  9. B

good place for misc. items

Hey Again, I am looking for n scale stuff, ie Ladders, pipe, tanks (silos, chemical, oil) What I am wanting to do is add detail items to some industries sucha as silos for the grain mill, loading stations for a refinery and a chemical plant, I have seen em but I don't know where (ebay...
  10. B

Anyone from the Ark-La-Tx going

to the Train Show at Longview, Tx this weekend? We've made plans to attend, and "hopefully pick up an item or 2 kinda cheap:D
  11. B

dumb questrion

what are the number ratio's for N scale (HO is 1/87 so fourth and so on) thanks
  12. B

Painting dow blue foam base

or not,.... But when you lay down a blue dow foam as a base or make mountains out of it what do you get rid of the blue with? (ie: paint, lots of grass, a grass mat, etc) also if any one has a pic or 2 they would like o share that would be awesome as well THANKS!!!!
  13. B

looking for certain rolling stock

due to the curves and the era in which I am modeling, I am looking for the 40'ers wooden box cars, stock cars, lumber cars, log cars and old style tankers I get lost in walther's on line site, I am looking for economical but not cheap quality cars, btw I'll try and post the new sisal...
  14. B

what glue to use

I just got one of my 1st industries in the mail today (IHC saw mill) what type of glue should I use to construct the building (it doesn't recomend any it just says to becareful not to use to much as it may it the detailing away) THANKS
  15. B

joint compound or plaster of paris

I actually met a guy the other day at hobby lobby who's into trains He says he likes joint compound (the redi made kind) over plaster of paris, so I thought I'd try some with some styrophome(sp) as he said do it. Here's what I noticed, it cracks as it dries and takes a whole lot longer to dry...
  16. B

best online store for buildings

mainly a saw mill, mine (coal preferabaly), oil refineries Thanks
  17. B

Hellllpppppp!!!

Hi again, I am having a hard time :( situation: I bought 2 sets 1 bachman 1 model power, I also bought 6 Atlas snap switches (3 the day after Christmas and 3 last week), I have also bought misc pkgs of Atlas track all cd 100. The lay is roughly 50sq ft includes 2 tunnels and 3 bridges...
  18. B

several questions

I have few/several questions for you guys/ gals #1 has 2 prts) what size ballast should I use med or fine? B) how in the world do you keep it out of the switches? 2) I have some model power cars and engine How OR can I change the couplers over to what is on the med/upper grade bachman...
  19. B

new here

Hi every one just wanted to say HI My daughter and me are just geting started in HO rr, I am glad I found this place seems to be alot of knowlege, I was wondering if there were any members from around the Texarkana AR area and if there are any train shows within a hour or so drive from...

Back