Search results

1. NIKO_SUAV3

Opinions on Intermountain Products?

Hello Eveyone, I just had a general question, I recently purchased some SD40-2s from Intermountain and received both with each arriving with something broken. Now these are the first two non-Athearn/Genesis locomotives I've purchased and have to say I am rather disappointed. Is this par for...
  2. NIKO_SUAV3

My First experiment with Sound!

So went to my local hobby shop and picked up a couple of decoder to throw in my new Genesis units. Opted to go with Tsunami TSU-GN1000 decoders after hearing then (sounded good to me, but then again I'm a sound noob). Well soldered one into one of the GP9s I just snagged and let's just say I'm...
  3. NIKO_SUAV3

Got some New toys.

Hello All, So I've been traveling a bunch but looks like I'll be home most of the winter which should afford me some quality time to work on the railroad! Now I'm nowhere near as far along as I'd like, but hey this is my first crack at my own layout. Anyway, over my travels I've collected a...
  4. NIKO_SUAV3

Adding LEDs to Locomotives

Hello Everyone, ive kinda been tinkering over the weekend on adding LEDs to my locomotives, but cant seem to come up with a method I like. Does anyone out there have any best practices or ideas on what works best? So far, I have been messing with Optic strands and LEDs, as well as trying...
  5. NIKO_SUAV3

Got something Interesting when I bought an Item on eBay recently

So I picked up another Athearn Genesis SD75M in BNSF Warbonnet, but also received an interesting bonus from the seller because I was honest with him about a payment issue when he sent me an invoice. Anyway, he gave me an MRC 50th Anniversary Edition C44-9W made by what looks to be Athearn...
  6. NIKO_SUAV3

Went to my first model railroad show this morning

Cant remember who it was that I saw posting something recently about a show they went to and found it to be semi disappointing. Well had the opportunity to go to a local show today in Kansas City, The Mid America Train and Toy Show. Given the discussions I read here about eBay, I found this...
  7. NIKO_SUAV3

HELP. Digitrax DH165AO using LED lights

Hello, So I'm kinda stumped on this. As I had posted on my other thread I bought a Digitrax DH165AO to drop into my old Athearn Genesis SD75M in place of the stock DC light board. I tested it before hand and noticed about half the lights were dead, so I decided to wire in some LEDs while I had...
  8. NIKO_SUAV3

Getting Started, need thoughts opinions on layout.

So for those who haven't seen my introduction thread, I'm kind of a newbie in model railroading. I recently purchased some track from someone who said they didnt have time to start the layout they were planning. I purchased it mostly for the switches, but it came with a bunch of other pieces as...
  9. NIKO_SUAV3

Hello, Everyone

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum and semi-new to the hobby. My dad built me a small 4x8 layout when I was a kid and I've kinda been captivated with trains ever since. Finished up with all my schooling a couple years ago, and ended up getting a job and moving to Kansas City. Anyway, being here...

Back