Search results

1. Skipjacks

Little Tavern Hamburger Shop (N Scale)

Folks from the Baltimore - Washington area will know what a Little Tavern is. For those of you elsewhere, it's our version of White Castle. They served little hamburgers out of these tiny little stores. For a little background, they look like this (sort of...every one was a little different)...
  2. Skipjacks

My N scale scratch built frieght depot

Just finished the basic work on my n scale scratch built freight depot. I've still got some detail work to do like aging and putting a sign on it with the name of the freight company (thinking of going with something related to my son's name) but for the most part it's done. I'll put lighting...
  3. Skipjacks

Need help with tiny details.

The scope of this project is that I'm trying to turn this car... Into this car. (I saw the car at Klein's and immediately thought of Ecto 1 and couldn't pass up the project) It's going well so far as you can see here. This is after about 2 hours of working on it. (Adding the tail fins was the...
  4. Skipjacks

Light dispersion on small scales

I am starting to put lights throughout my layout. Street lamps, window lights, etc... They look awesome in the location where the lights are, but the light goes too far. What I mean is that in real life the light from a 60 watt bulb might light up things 20 feet away. But the equivalent...
  5. Skipjacks

Rebuilding a rail line the modern way

This takes some of the romance out of things....but it's still pretty awesome https://youtu.be/02pWbr9bgbA
  6. Skipjacks

Old project I just re-found

On a recent visit to my mom's house I found an old project I worked on as a kid. I scratch built this roller coaster when I was about 15. I never finished it because I turned 16, got a driver's license, and suddenly girls were not inaccessible. (I stand by my choices!) Its fallen into...
  7. Skipjacks

F7's by different brands?

Does anyone know if the plastic shell of a Life Like F7 diesel would fit on the body of a Bachmann F7 diesel? I'm talking N scale here. Specifically I'm looking at this shell...
  8. Skipjacks

Neat article on a guy who fixes steam locomotives

I thought this was cool... http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/02/smallbusiness/steam-locomotive-restoration-611/index.html?iid=HP_River It's about a guy who has a company that restores old steam locomotives.
  9. Skipjacks

Explain this turnout to me

This new Kato crossover turnout... http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Kato-N-Double-Track-Crossover-Unitrack-R-Hand-p/kat-20231.htm I just don't get it. Why does 1 side have concrete cross ties while the other side has wood cross ties in a color that none of their other track features? I just...
  10. Skipjacks

What do you make of this?

So I got these little lights from China. There are two tiny wires coming off the lamp post but they are clearly touching. Are they shielded or something? Am I missing something? The wires are hair thin. It came with resistors. I dont want to wires these wrong, but I am confused at how two...
  11. Skipjacks

Need paiting help/tips

Here's the issue.... I need to paint this tiny N scale car.... So it looks like this.... (Obviously I've still got some more detail prep work to do before its' time to paint...headlights, windows, etc....) I can handle the painting details fine. My hand is steady enough. The problem I...
  12. Skipjacks

Lighting Elements source on eBay (LED's, Street lights, signal lights, etc)

I recently went half blind trying to make little tiny N scale street lamps (Which after finishing following 2 days of work and being really happy with the result I promptly connected the 3V lamp to a 12V power source and forever destroyed it, brining tears to my eyes) so I gave up and started...
  13. Skipjacks

My N Scale Layout. Not modeling anything specific. A layout from my imagination.

I have been working on this since January. The layout and terrain flow only from my imagination. I'm not trying to recreate anything specific. The layout is 4 feet about about 2 and a half feet. This is the original track layout. Then the leveling of the track for terrain building started...

Back