Search results

1. Pacodutaco

GP9's, where do you get them?

What is a good source for nice running GP9's? Does anyone make an undecorated version that is DCC / Sound Ready currently?
  2. Pacodutaco

Designing an HO layout for my nephew...Please Critique.

My nephew just turned 10 years old and is getting interested in model railroading. His father (my brother) and I have been modeling for 25+ years on and off so we think this is a good thing to spend time with him on. Space is limited to a 4x6 area and it has to be portable since they are...
  3. Pacodutaco

DCC Sound Decoder Question...

Can you put a DCC Sound Decoder into any DCC ready locomotive or does it have to have some special provision for the DCC sound decoder vs. a standard DCC decoder without sound? The reason I ask is I have several older HO Bachman Spectrum DCC ready locos and want to add DCC and Sound to them...
  4. Pacodutaco

Has Atlas Ever Released a GP-9 in HO?

Has Atlas Ever Released a GP-9 in HO? I am considering changing to HO from N but I love GP-9's and am curious if Atlas has released them or who is making them currently. I will be using DCC and Sound if I convert. Any info would be appreciated. Pacodutaco
  5. Pacodutaco

What lower cost kits have replaced the old Athern "Blue Box"?

My nephew has come to me and wants help building an HO railroad of his own. He is 11. It has been years since I modeled in HO and I don't know which kits would be good for him to build (and afford). Has anything replaced the old Athern "Blue Box" kits I built as a kid?

Back