Search results

1. R

Walthers - Unfair Competition

Do you buy direct from Walthers - specifically items from manufacturers other than items Walthers manufactures? If you do, I would really like to recommend that you patronize your local hobby shop, instead. (If you don't have a LHS, please find someone else to buy from ;) ). Walthers has been...
  2. R

Rust Techniques

This shot demonstrates a couple of techniques I've used successfully to produce realistic rust. The first is the roof and power generator, which were treated with Instant Rust by Sophisticated Finishes. The second is Dr. Ben's Realistic Rust, which was used on the 50 gallon drums. Instant...
  3. R

Machine Shop by Cigarbox Studios

I finally finished "planting" my version of the Machine Shop:
  4. R

My Quickie Diorama

In the process of removing a section of my layout, I had an idea for a quickie diorama. Here's what I came up with... The worker's secret siesta is about to come to an abrupt end! :eek: This shot demonstrates a couple of techniques I've tried lately to produce realistic rust. The first...
  5. R

Sage Machine Shop by Cigarbox Studios

Just finished my version of The Machine Shop by Cigarbox Studios...
  6. R

Looking for limited edition craftsman kits...

I'm looking to trade some of my new HO scale locomotives for limited edition craftsman kits that are in resellable condition. Send me an email with a list of what you have and I'll send you a list of what I have (Athearn Genesis, Atlas Silver/Gold, BLI, PCM and Proto 2000).
  7. R

ECoS DCC System from ESU

ESU has announced a new DCC system, the ECoS. Here is a link to the announcement: http://www.loksound.de/us/index.php?showId=205&PHPSESSID=1a9a7a9e2a0bdc3605509eee8c7fd394 The system has some unique features that caught my eye. 1. Touch screen 2. Dual speed controllers 3. Joysticks! (just...
  8. R

Need a technique for faux-dirt...

I've used a lot of stuff that is either difficult to work with or doesn't give very pleasing results. Is there something available in the marketplace that is semi-permanent (aka not difficult to remove - like Sculptamold); something that looks like real dirt but that adheres readily to the...
  9. R

La Tienda General Store by Cigarbox Studios

Have you heard of Thomas Yorke? 30 years ago, he was producing great HO scale hydrocal-based kits, but now he's pretty much into O scale. Anyway, I found a new independent kit-maker by the name of Cigarbox Studios, and he has 3 hydrocal-based kits on the market that represent stone buildings...

Back