Search results

1. Locomotive man

Superb Track Cleaning Thread On Another Board

I feel I am a bit rusty in any general maintenance tasks related to model trains will check out the thread and see if it helps me out.
  2. Locomotive man

My favorite pics I've taken this month. (Dial up be aware!)

Wow very cool pics. I really like the 2nd one (black one with the horse). Would like to buy a model version of that if there is one. Maybe you can recommend me an online store?
  3. Locomotive man

How messy are you capable of being?

running out of space is a constant problem for me also. Typically what I like to do in order to avoid space issues is to set myself twice the amount of space than I think I will need.
  4. Locomotive man

Finally Helix Action youtube payment

nice video, and here is a thought - why dont you make many more of these videos you never know what you might end up making
  5. Locomotive man

I like what this article had to say about model trains

I was just looking through some news related to model railroading as usual and came across this article: http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/Model_Train_Show_Transcends_Age_150362795.html I really liked what he had to say about our hobby, Enjoy
  6. Locomotive man

Found this on Craigslist

Thanks for that link, very interesting collection of mags for such a low price. Could possibly use some of these for inspiration for my next model train layout.
  7. Locomotive man

Where are all the GOOD figures???

In my opinion Hornby and Lionel make some great figures you just need to look around. however the big brands do charge unreasonable prices for the little buggers.
  8. Locomotive man

More Logan Valley

Yeah farm scene looks really good. Thought about adding a windmill that rotates automatically. I have seen this in the past and it works very well.
  9. Locomotive man

Custom painted loco on my car? :-)

WOW thats some really great drawing. I suggest you keep the same theme all around your car. Otherwise it might become very random if you just draw the first thing that comes to mind.
  10. Locomotive man

The Wolfman has been modeled.

Classic scenery, I tried modelling stuff like that before and the result were not very good. Wonder where you learnt a craft like that or is it just pure talent?
  11. Locomotive man

trainboard.com

works well for me
  12. Locomotive man

Just an Important Note

I suggest you use escrow for any type of transactions on the Internet where you make a private deal without really knowing the other person all that well. Paypal is what a lot of people use, but you can get easily scammed even with paypal.
  13. Locomotive man

no basements in fla

those big boys must have sent you back a bit of money - As for the layout there are many layouts that maximize space when done correctly. Youtube has a lot of great ideas. Making use of bridges that go over the track you already placed works well for me in tight spaces
  14. Locomotive man

kids and trains

LOL that is the funniest thing I have seen in a while, I would have just went back to bed
  15. Locomotive man

Childhood trains

I remember getting a lionel train for my 9th birthday, was quite special as it was the first model that I actually picked out rather than given randomly
  16. Locomotive man

SyncMaster 950p

used computer equipment in my experience is very poor, especially monitors. the dead pixel problem is way too common...
  17. Locomotive man

Video - MTH Big Boy in HO

Lol yeah the puffing is great, this locomotive is expensive I bet seems to be very high quality
  18. Locomotive man

Hi From UK London

O I plan to, :) Personally I like the pics and videos people upload of their work, really cool ideas bouncing around in this forum
  19. Locomotive man

Video - MTH Big Boy in HO

great video, seems like the quality is HD wonder what camera was used to shoot this vid. Would like to do one of these myself but have never got around to it
  20. Locomotive man

Hi From UK London

Hi guys, Have been browsing here a lot lately and just now decided it was worth it to make an account, some great tips to be found here. Anyway I am a model railroad enthusiast for over a decade now an will try to add to this great forum with any info that I have built up over the years.

Back