Search results

1. B

Question about air brush tip sizes.

the Badger 200 I had was bottom feed and I got it in 1983 . The Revell instruction sheet shows all the parts and states if you cannot locate the air valve use Badger parts . It's the same size diameter body and handle as all new Thayer Chandler and Badgers and it does have the Badger head only...
  2. B

Alan . As far as I can find out on tip sizes . Yes Paasche has a #1,#3 &#5. Their site states #1 is .55mm #3 is .73mm & #5 is 1.06mm . I only have the #3 and #5 on my H brushes and a #3 on the new Paasche SI I just got. They used to make them with numbers now they have rings , three rings is #3...
  3. B

I know there are usually three tip and needle sizes for most brushes . Is it reasonable to assume looking at an unknown tip and comparing it to a known tip size and the unknown is smaller and the known size is a med the unknown must be the small of #1 ? I have a SA internal mix revell...
  4. B

What a kick to the head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRP SD7/9

I got this thing years ago and always wanted to do a Milwaukee road using it. I usually never give up but this shell just plain sucks. First off they didn't add number boards and at one time after adding the better detail associates rad fans and the winterizing hatch I added the DA SD7...
  5. B

Does anyone know if SD40's had 81" short hoods ?

Thank you . That's just what I wanted to know. I just want to finish the one SD40 I have and want to go with the early version . I am going to replace the short hood with a cannon 81" and the long hood end with a cannon kit that has two high hood ends so they both match . Since rail power...
  6. B

Does anyone know if SD40's had 81" short hoods ?

I have a rail power shell and frame which later Athearn re tool for their RTR SD40 . THey all appear to have the 88" short hood. Yet from what I understand the SD40 preceeded the 40-2 and all early units had the 81" short hood. ON athearns site they do mention the one they produce is the...
  7. B

ON BB athearn SD40-2 for milwaukee road fuel tank mod?

I see the opening in the frame where the flywheel cavity cast into the frame . I wonder if it would show much if just part of the bottom section was left , cut as an angle so the opening would not show. Basically at that point not milling the tank flush with the bottom of the frames side rails ...
  8. B

I have one spare BB SD40-2 frame that I got years ago , I do thank you for the offer though. The stock tank is 19 scale feet long and from what I've read the Milw tank is 16 feet I can see where you get the 3/16" which would put the cut just shy of cutting away the area cast into the frame to...
  9. B

Question on SD7's , just trying to finish what I started long ago .

When the hobby shops used to sell Rail power products . I bought a SD7/9 shell and frame and a GP35 shell and a SD40 shell and frame and a SD45 shell and frame . In fact the SD 38, 40 and 45 all use the same rail power frame. The SD7/9 at the time did no come with number boards and later they...
  10. B

I have extended athearn F7 frames to make FP7's and did a similar thing . I used square brass tubing and cut the frame so enough of the frame rails where left in front of the fuel tank . I then filed the frame ends on both sections so they would fit snug in the square brass tubing ie so the...
  11. B

Aren't all the frames even Kato made of the same sort of cast metal as Athearn ? I do have an extra SD40-2 frame sitting here I can use and see what happens . I recall once I got two SD40 T2 BB and they have the same frame as the 40-2 , one was broken and they gave me another frame and I bought...
  12. B

I have 2 SD40-2's one has the newer frame mount by the couplers and hex drive but is not the newer rtr series. the other is an older model year that had the four pins securing the shell to the frame . On the older one I removed the pins and used the cast metal buffer plates and added a styrene...
  13. B

Any advice on fixing warped HO E8 steps / ladders?

I used an athean f7 frame as a spacer which fit well into the shell . Then heated some hot water in the microwave hot enough so it was too hot to touch but not hot enough to burn fingers , I used small zip ties to pull the warped ladders together then let it sit in hot water for 4 minutes let...
  14. B

has anyone straightened a BB athearn GP38-2 frame?

I removed the shell and then trucks and motor . The frame was straight, the problem was one the short hood end opposite side on the engineers seat there is a stanction boss just where the frame is at it's widest point . That was holding the front or the shell off the frame . I filed off the boss...
  15. B

has anyone straightened a BB athearn GP38-2 frame?

I had 6 and only kept two, one with a cannon high hod and one stock . I was looking at the high hood one today and noticed that the frame near the front on one side shows where it should fit flush at the bottom. Figures I never looked and kept the one with a frame issue. On the low hood version...
  16. B

Yes the model power E7 and E8 have a very similar drive as the older Roco FP7's that had the same large can motor . I have the latter Atlas /Roco FP7's that have a much taller frame with that added weight and the same motor atlas /Roco used in their S2's and 4's and was used in the Walthers...
  17. B

Yes arrow highway was a-line and also rail power products who made shells and repower kits and modified frames for athearn BB units . If I recall they were also proto power west . I think proto power west is the name they now go by. They still sell whats left of the rail power shells and some...
  18. B

I'll try the hot water trick on an old athearn f7 shell and see what happens . I worry heating to large an area of the shell may cause the shell to warp . I thought if it just cut half way through the back side of each ladder with a thin razor saw the amount of plastic removed by the saw would...
  19. B

Well Jim when I got the E8 model power it was from the days when you could drive to rail power products/a-line products on arrow highway about 1 1/2 hour drive from here . I was looking for an E8 and called and they had one . However turns out it was a used unit in a box that said EMD E7 powered...
  20. B

I have an old Model Power E8 that I removed the bolsters from the cast frame so I could fit brass bar stock and make bolsters that would fit Athearn 6 axle trucks and used an Athearn motor and flywheels and A-line E8 side frames . That I did years ago . I bought the E8 from PPW in the mid 80's...

Back