Search results

1. G

The Rad Roster Challenge #2

The idea of this challenge is to develop a proper roster for the railroad described. One can consider power needs, manufacturer, past history, aesthetics, economy, economics, marketing appeal, and even preference of the General Manager or President. The answer is a simple list of the era...
  2. G

Why is there no voting thread in the Photo section?

Just noticed that there is no thread in the Photo section to vote for or discuss the July photos. Seems like here would be the most logical place to put it.
  3. G

Form submit an entry into Contest

Forum submit an entry into Contest OK, we have helped many people and designed many layouts here so, is anyone up to desinging a layout and submitting an entry by this forum into the MR layout contest? It would have to be by concensus of those who choose to participate. Who is interested?
  4. G

The Rad Roster Challenge #1

We have seen lots of “what is your roster”, and what is the most “xxxx” locomotive, so I want to try something a bit different that requires a bit of thinking. So here it is, The Rad Roster Challenge. The mission, if one decides to accept it, is to develop a roster for the railroad...
  5. G

Distinctly Southern Pacific?

Working with electroluv on his Rio Grande layout from Salt Lake City to Denver got me thinking. The Denver & Rio Grande Western has many unique things that are well ... Rio Grande things. Things like Castle Gate Rock and the hanging bridge over the Arkansas. We came up quite a list. Then...
  6. G

A different sort of form feature?

About 15 years ago I ran the Adventure Quest Bulletin Board system. In addition to file sharing, and discussion forms it featured all sorts of puzzles and games. At that time I had written a game called "Mountain Rails". It was a game consisting of a mountianous territory where people formed...

Back