Search results

1. oxfordlawn

Is this wide shelf layout possible

I was searching on Modell Railroaders site for some shelf layout ideas and this one looked interesting. It shows being only 28" wide, but has a full running loop. Would a switcher and some small box or coal cars work on this small setup? Do you guys who have experience in this think If I...
  2. oxfordlawn

Box car graffiti by decals

I was thinking about this on the way home tonight and then there was another thread today started by a member who was showing their first weathering job. This was ironic to me as I also just purchased used box carts to learn how to weather and graffiti them myself as well. Now I didn't want to...
  3. oxfordlawn

Erie wood caboose--which red??

Building a JJL Models Caboose kit. I have searched and realized there are spartan red, caboose red, red and so on......which is this shade red for the wood cabooses from this period? I do airbrush and will order whatever needed. I believe the first picture, which is 30 years older than the...
  4. oxfordlawn

Looking for a similiar HO Station to this

anyone???
  5. oxfordlawn

This would make a great switching yard to model

My father worked at this yard, we were just talking about it recently so I was doing some research and checking it out. It was on the Harlem River in Bronx, NY. Came across a great website with lots of photos and info...but thought it would be cool to post this track layout picture:D
  6. oxfordlawn

What turf colors to start with

Ive been searching and reading but I have a small leftover question. I am building a railroad themed diorama presently, but am collecting materials to down the road get a full layout started, so im willing to buy larger than needed quantities right now. so my question..... I need to get...
  7. oxfordlawn

Let the collecting addiction begin

I have been lurking here for a couple weeks asking advice and enjoying the reading. I have been wanting to start a collection of HO scale locomotives and get a display going. It was suggested to get a theme to narrow the focus down which was great advice. I have decided to go with trying to...
  8. oxfordlawn

Started a Railroad kits building today

ordered this square magnetic jig from micro mark and finally got to try it today. All I can say is awesome...my only complaint would be the magnets are actually too strong and hard to move around and get fine tuning. I was able to put the base building together of this kit today in no time as...
  9. oxfordlawn

Ideas needed for start point on Loco collecting

Hi everyone and thanks for checking this thread. I am an on/off model railroad fan and am back to collect some locos for display and collecting purposes. My finances do not allow the over thousand dollar brass locos, so thats out of the question. Whats a good company to start with, having...
  10. oxfordlawn

Want to replicate this caboose

My father has restored this caboose over the last several years....it is located in Mahwah NJ, and now I would like to replicate the caboose in an HO scale model. I have scoured EBay pictures and lots of train sites and dont see a similiar car. I understand some kitbashing will be required, I...

Back