Want to replicate this caboose

oxfordlawn

Still learning
My father has restored this caboose over the last several years....it is located in Mahwah NJ, and now I would like to replicate the caboose in an HO scale model. I have scoured EBay pictures and lots of train sites and dont see a similiar car. I understand some kitbashing will be required, I am here asking for help if anyone knows of a good starting point car with similiar body type, I could redo a cupola if needed, of if maybe a good body and good roof/cupola from a different kit I could meld together. Modeling skills I have, now I need help finding the right kits or cars to do...any suggestions???

That looks similar to the Lifelike cabeese in HO.
I'd say your dad did a great job!

I have to reword---My father helped with a team of others---not by himself----and yes THEY did a great job

yes sir thanks for the reply. The life like ones I saw just now on your suggestion have a very similiar body and cupola set up, which would have been perfect, but its modeled after the steel bodied version of this caboose.
I will keep this in mind as I may use the roof of this one and rework the cupola since it is in the correct positin(center) and and attach it to a lower body of the wood design.

Thanks and keep the ideas coming:)

Last edited by a moderator:
well after hours of searching the net today I found an exact model...of all places the Erie Lackawanna historical society...LOL....now why didnt I think of them 8 hours ago :)

geez if that kit sold for $125 'd be building them all day long haha. thanks I ordered the kit and am impatiently awaiting its arrival.

Back