Search results

1. Dortoh1

Private Rail Car Trips

Has anyone taken any private rail car trips? One of the guys in my modeling group organizes trips for the St. Louis chapter of the National Railroad Historical Society with private cars behind Amtrak. I was lucky enough several years ago when the economy and my business were better to take two...
  2. Dortoh1

Mechanical Reefer

Does anyone make a detailed 50' mechanical reefer? I like the old blue box Athearn, but I'm looking for something with detailed ladders and such and not just cast on. I will detail and Athearn if I have to, but it would be nice to find something that I don't have to remove the cast on detail. Doug
  3. Dortoh1

Show us you Atlas Signal Tower

Atlas has been making this kit forever. Post some photos if you have one. Doug
  4. Dortoh1

Great Northern RS3's

Here are a few old photos of some custom painted Atlas/Kato RS3's with some detail changes to be a little more prototypical.
  5. Dortoh1

Liftout On Drawer Slides

Here are some pictures of a liftout on drawer slides I've been working on for a friends layout. The liftout section is counter-weighted with a pvc pipe full of lead weights. Today we installed the latching mechanism I fabricated, all you need to do to open it is push the latch arm to the right...
  6. Dortoh1

Boston & Maine and Norfolk Southern GP18s

Not much going on on the forum tonight so how about some GP18s. Some old prints that I scanned. The models are Proto 2000's Doug
  7. Dortoh1

GP-7's

Here is a couple of scans of photos I took about a dozen or so years ago of some Atlas/Kato GP-7's detailed and painted by my friend Carl.
  8. Dortoh1

Railroad Prototype Modelers St. Louis

At our weekly operating/work session last week one of the guys told me that the Railroad Prototype Modelers are holding an event In the St. Louis Area Aug 5th and 6th. If you have never been to a RPM meet, and you love beautifully detailed locomotives and rolling stock your in for a treat. I...
  9. Dortoh1

Any Milwaukee Fans Out There?

I'm looking for some photos of the Milwaukee business car Montana. Preferably while still in Milwaukee service. I'm building one for a friend out of a Walthers Milwaukee 26 seat tap lounge. I need a good side view to get some dimensions from. Any help would be appreciated.
  10. Dortoh1

Hello All

Hello all, being new to the forum I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Doug and I've been an HO modeler for about 18 years now. I don't have a layout of my own, but I am part of a group of modelers that meet once a week at a friend layout for operating or working on the layout, or our...
  11. Dortoh1

Sante Fe FP45

This is a project I did about 15 years ago. It started as an Athearn undec that I made a few body mods to and painted. The side stripes are all paint, the nose herald is from Microscale. Paint is Scalecoat II
  12. Dortoh1

Kato Business Car Custom Stainless Finish

Kato business car with custom painted stainless finish. I'm in the process of doing another one for the CB&Q and an RDC and other stainless passenger cars for the CP rail. The finish is a little time consuming so I try to to several at once. Also a link to a photo from the 2008 RPM show in St...
  13. Dortoh1

Stewart F3 Project

I'm in the process of detailing and painting an A-B-A set of Stewart F3's into my freelance railroad the Roanoke & Western. In the middle of the decaling process now. The color is CB&Q red even though the pictures don't look that red. The stripes are for a Soo Line F-unit. The herald and Roanoke...

Back